1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3359&sid=6cebc14da312ad7ae4623f426dc33642&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Love the site!

I am curious though - when should we expect to see Dragon Soul added to the progression list? In the same vein, will the 4.1 raids be removed from it soon? I started my guild in 4.2 and the 4.1 raids serve no purpose for us except for wow-heroes stats. It doesn't seem like they should count towards current progression... we are listed far below other guilds with little to no 4.2 progression, even though we are 7/7 in FL and 1/8 in DS as of now :-)

Keep up the good work!
Site Admin
Site Admin
We will add Dragon Soul to progress list within next 24 hours (hopefully).
About 4.1 instances - we don't have any intention to remove them as heroic modes in that content still deserve high position (some heroic modes are even harder then 4.2 heroics).
I understand keeping the HMs, but it seems backward for guilds like mine (7/7 FL, 3/8 DS) to be ranked well below builds who haven't even entered FL. I guess we could go back and waste time on the old raids to bump us up in standings... it just doesn't seem right =\
Site Admin
Site Admin
They would feel tricked if we deleted their progress while the expansion is still active. However, we might implement a filter which only lists guilds who are active - those who actually killed something in the last 1-3 months and those which have cleared all content.
If I could make a polite suggestion - how about weighting the encounters by current difficulty? For instance, normal mode 4.1s would be lowest weighted, then normal mode 4.2, then HM 4.1, then HM 4.2, etc etc. It would address the issue of inactive guilds keeping their progression but afford higher rankings to active guilds who are tackling new content. I know it would make me happy :)
I thought the idea was a good one and deserved a response...

FWIW, we are now 4/8 in DS. on our realm that puts us at #88, but if only 4.2 and 4.3 content were used we'd be #25. So... I think it's pretty plainly obvious that the ranking on wow-heroes is broken until this is addressed in some way. Guilds that aren't even attempting current content, and haven't been since 4.1, are considered to be more progressed than guilds who are steadily working through the new content. Effectively, this means that the "progression" list is more about how old the guild is than how well they are continuing to progress.

I think this is a great site for many things, but for now wowprogress seems to be more relevant for guild progression. I hope it doesn't stay that way.
Site Admin
Site Admin
We did reply to your idea, twice, and we did take it under consideration, you can't expect a response for each post on same subject. If you think that older content is easier and should not be included because of it, try to complete those achievements in 1 night and your progress will improve.
It's not a matter of what I think, it's simple fact... the older raids were designed to be appropriate for a much lower level of gear than what we all have. They remain aimed at that level of gear. They also reward gear that is useless to us, so the only real purpose for grinding through these dungeons would be for the "progression" list on wow-heroes. I was under the impression that the wow-heroes progression list was supposed to be a measurement of accomplishments in WoW, not an accomplishment itself. Your reply seems to indicate that you feel otherwise.

BTW, yes... I *should* expect a reply to each post. I'm asking direct questions and offering real solutions to something that is clearly not working as intended. I would even be willing to contribute code to the effort, free of charge. I've been nothing but polite and helpful and it's not like there are just too many similar posts on these forums to answer all of them. To imply that ignoring me is normal and should be expected is... simply put... rude.
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't mean to be rude, and if it sounded rude, my apologies. We just feel that displaying full progress for whole expansion is a better way to see which guilds have progressed further. Like I said, we can make a filter so that people can chose between displaying progress for whole expansion and only for last patch. Thanks for that idea.
Would Like to see The Conquerors listed they have 3/8 in dragon soul But this is not showing in guild progression area.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3359&sid=6cebc14da312ad7ae4623f426dc33642&start=10
Jump to :