Enable partial match search

Suggestions and requests for new features
Fogyreef

Enable partial match search

Post#1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:55 pm

As a gm, looking up guild members with special character codes is a pain and isn't possible without knowing the code.

With a partial match search we could choose the name from the result set.

Thanks.

Milagros
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Enable partial match search

Post#2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 pm

If you go to the wow-heroes Guild tab and search for your guild you will be able to look any player from your guild, just click on the player name to open it in Character tab.

Fogyreef

Post#3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 am

Thanks. Tried that. He doesn't show in the list, even when filtered for only hunters. What factors might keep names out of the result set? He has two ë 's in a row, lvl 85.

Milagros
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 am

As far as i can see everything works properly if you are talking about Grëëngablin. He is listed in guild search and also in "only hunter" filter search (as you can see on the screenshot).
Attachments
filter search.JPG
filter search.JPG (56.83 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
Grëëngabli- guild page.JPG
Grëëngabli- guild page.JPG (56.11 KiB) Viewed 4158 times

Fogyreef

Post#5 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

But...but... How did you... when... He wasn't...

No way did I miss that. He wasn't there, and the hunter's list is tiny, so I didn't overlook him. How long must a character be on server before it gets picked up in the query? Maybe that was it.

Still, would like a partial match search, though. :P Thanks for everything so far!

launcelot

Post#6 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 am

eazy way to fix this i am a GM too the way to do it i have an addon called jebus mail it lists your guild members so you can put the name in a mail but not send it you can copy the name by highlighting it and hold ctrl and c keys then its a right click and paste in wow heros

Eighjan

Post#7 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Fogyreef wrote:But...but... How did you... when... He wasn't...

No way did I miss that. He wasn't there, and the hunter's list is tiny, so I didn't overlook him. How long must a character be on server before it gets picked up in the query? Maybe that was it.

Still, would like a partial match search, though. :P Thanks for everything so far!

Give it at least overnight from a character joining a Guild to being able to see them as IN your Guild - ideally a full 24hrs including an 'overnight reset/re-synch'.

Return to “Suggestions”