Guild reports, special characters and duplicate characters

Found a bug or strange behavior on WoW-Heroes? Help us squash it by reporting it here!
wowdarkjester

Guild reports, special characters and duplicate characters

Post#1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Please can you have a look at the report for the Exiles guild on Darkmoon Faire.

The name for the character Jana is displaying incorrectly because of a special character in the second letter of her name.

We also have 5 entries for one character Tarte.

Finally the character Zraic should be in the list as his score is over 700, I cannot see him anywhere.

Thanks.

wowdarkjester

Re: Guild reports, special characters and duplicate characters

Post#2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:09 pm

Looks like Jana's name is fixed, thank you.

Hows the duplicate character thing coming, that is the most annoying bug?

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 pm

it should be fixed in a day or two :)

wowdarkjester

Post#4 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Great stuff thank you for all your hard work :)

Really appreciate you keeping everyone informed, I would imagine you site pulls in quite a bit of traffic, keeping things running must be very time consuming.

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm

thanks a lot :)
hehe, yeah, between regular job, raids and some social life, there's very little spare time for rest and other stuff. Fortunately, I convinced myself sleep is overrated, so there's enough time to keep everything running ok here :)

Zanven

Re: Guild reports, special characters and duplicate characte

Post#6 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:14 pm

I tried to make a new post about this, but the forum thew a message I didn't see and my new post isn't showing up at all? Here's the info again:

Reproducible way to Duplicate Characters in the Guild List (I accidentally found this from being lazy using copy-paste):

1. Go to GUILD tab, lookup someone such as our guild, USA, "Nerds O War", on Hellscream.

2. COPY character name, such as " Tandrevian" or " Zanven" NOTE: there are weird leading characters that causes this bug! It looks something like a TAB character, but maybe not?

3. Go to CHARACTER tab, then PASTE in character name from step #2 above, e.g. " Tandrevian" select CHECKBOX for LIVE.

4. Go back to GUILD tab, lookup same guild again, and for every time you have searched that character in step #3 above, now there will now be a duplicate character for each search. :sorry:

Please remove all of our bogus duplicate Zanven and Tranrevian characters I inadvertently created without knowing this would happen... and please fix this bug when you get the chance.

Sorry for the hassle. :(

Thanks,
Zanven

Milagros
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guild reports, special characters and duplicate characte

Post#7 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 am

Thank for reporting , hopefully this problem is fixed now :)

Return to “Bug reports”