view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I love the usefulness of the gear tracking and such for most things however I have a big problem with the evaluation of a few things.
Specifically speaking about feral tank itemization gearscores.
Penalties for wearing pvp gear is gargantuan, especially when a piece of pvp is actually better for the slot in question for tanking. for example my score dropped nearly 100 points from switching from a 346 blue to a 365 pvp piece, even though #1 i was getting a 2 piece bonus of 70 agi as well as a huge boost to stam and agi. to me that just made no sense.

Again much love for the work you guys put in.
Seriously though. I loss 100 points in score for equipping vicious gladiator's dragonhide legguards instead of Leggings of the impenitent
even though by doing so i Gain:
665 Armor
93 Agi
140 Stam
32 haste (reforged haste into dodge on both items)
21 Dodge (again cause of reforge

I lose 168 crit

this does not factor in the 90 additional agility I'm getting because I happen to also be using the gloves as well.

last time i checked those stats should not be making my score lower.
Site Admin
Site Admin
We're investigating this issue now, please stay tuned.
Thanks a lot for reporting it.
Thanks for looking into it.
I have been wondering lately why I have been scored so low on my gear: then I saw this thread. Being curious, I switched out my well-itemized elemental shaman PVP shoulders and gloves, and stuck mediocre enhance shoulders and druid gloves on before logging out. When I came back to check my new score, it had amazingly gotten much better by equipping horrible pieces for my spec! I'm sure re-scoring PVP gear isn't your highest priority, but the amount that it is rated down is a little bit ridiculous, guys. I only hope you can get to working on this soon. Thanks for the great site!
Yeah, I've had the pvp argument with a few people and I'm sick of it.

You know what? I don't care if resi is useless to me. Epic pvp gear is better than green pve gear.
not to mention for druids it's better than any blues, and it's debatable if it's better than epics (once set bonuses are factored in)
idd, the pvp downscaling on heroes doesnt form a good picture, the 2 set bonus from pvp gear coupled with viscous gear itemisation often excel above pve epics let alone their hc blue counterparts.

I know there is a dead stat on pvp gear but for example on my resto druid I have 3 pieces of pvp gear one of which is the wrists for the want of something better and 2 ie shoulders and chest for the 2 part bonus. The main stat above all else by some margin for resto is int, it is so much the more powerful stat that u can afford to loose any secondary stats. The 2 set pve bonus is much much weaker but i still sport it purely for the prime stats on the gear also.

On my hunter agility once again comes out far in excess the most powerful and hard working stat and as the 2 set pvp bonus is agility and the agility on the items is much higher than any hc blues.

I know pvp gear is gunna suffer against like for like pve gear but atm alot of the the pvp gear is better itemised for pve that the pve stuff purely for the much higher base stats. Some classes benefit more for secondry stats like feral dps druids and mastery, but even they can fit in a 2 set and still keep their mastery up by selecting the right pieces...

Yet atm pvp gear pushes down my toons score bellow counterparts in mostly blue gear who not only dont perform to the same lvl, but just cant because the gear is not so good.

Link to my toon pages and u can tell me if u think im wrong in this

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Darkspear/Showdon/
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Darkspear/Shaterstar/
Jump to :