view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
It seems to me that the majority of Glyphs are useful for Prot/Holy pallies, and only a couple, like Seal of Command and Crusader Strike, are accustomed to the Ret playstyle.

I am hoping to gain some insight for Glyphs other than "Sense Undead", "Blessing of Might", "Blessing of Kings", "Crusader Strike", "Seal of Command" (which isnt even very useful), and "Hammer of Wrath".

Any ideas/opinions?
As of 3.1.1 (Ret PvE Glyphs):

Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Exorcism
Glyph of Judgment (can be replaced with Glyph of Consecration)
Glyph of Seal of Blood

Minor Glyphs [NOTE]: There is not much to choose from for minor glyphs, but this is the general Idea:
Glyph of Blessing of Kings
Glyph of Blessing of Might
Glyph of Sense Undead (This must be replaced with Glyph of Lay on Hands upon progressing to Ulduar content)

I hope my guide to glyphing a ret pally has been helpful for you. If you would like me to investigate glyphing assignments for the prot and holy tree, then just ask me. I' here to help in any way I can.

[EDIT]: to answer your question on "insight": there is no other way other than to glyph with Bok and BoM. If you have any questions please post in this thread or send me a PM.

Etonlor wrote:
As of 3.1.1 (Ret PvE Glyphs):

Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Exorcism
Glyph of Judgment (can be replaced with Glyph of Consecration)
Glyph of Seal of Blood

Minor Glyphs [NOTE]: There is not much to choose from for minor glyphs, but this is the general Idea:
Glyph of Blessing of Kings
Glyph of Sense Undead (This must be replaced with Glyph of Lay on Hands upon progressing to Ulduar content)

I hope my guide to glyphing a ret pally has been helpful for you. If you would like me to investigate glyphing assignments for the prot and holy tree, then just ask me. I' here to help in any way I can.

[EDIT]: to answer your question on "insight": there is no other way other than to glyph with Bok and BoM. If you have any questions please post in this thread or send me a PM.

as of 3.1.1 i disagree slightly with your priorities. Overall, i agree in general which glyphs are useful, just a few changes to which ones are mandatory and which can be traded with others.

Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Judgement
Glyph of Exorcism
Glyph of Consecration or Glyph of Seal of Blood depending on your preference.

Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of Sense Undead
Glyph of Lay on Hands

I personally could care less about the BoK glyph. i bless every 30 mins and have time to take the 5 seconds to drink to get back the little bit of mana this would save. There are no good minor glyphs you will use all the time, but at least these 3 are the most situationally useful. Glyph of sense undead becomes useless in ulduar for the most part, but is still useful in other raids and likely will be useful again in Icecrown (considering we'll be going after Arthas and his army of undead, demons and death knights). Glyph of Lay on hands is much more useful than Glyph of BoK since when you need LoH its nice for it not to be on cd. As for the Major Glyphs, Glyph of Judgement can NOT be replaced and neither can Glyph of Exorcism. You just need to choose wether Glyph of consecration or Glyph of Seal of Blood will provide you personally with more mana returned/saved. I personally have the Consecration one since it makes consecrate last longer and saves mana (which is honestly rarely an issue for me). If mana is a real issue for you, Glyph of Seal of Blood is probably better than Consecration.
I actually use Seal of vengeance as one of my major glyphs along with the typical exorcism and judgment glyphs for major slots

but i should add I only use that glyph instead because I was lacking in expertise before i had it, if your not lacking in expertise then the other glyphs mentioned are better

as for minor I also use the glyph for blessing of might, blessing of kings, and lay on hands.

I have been considering replacing my lay on hands glyph however because outside of PvP i rarely use lay on hands typically I will bubble instead especially during raids. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with or should i just keep it considering like someone already said there aren't a whole lot of minor glyphs to choose from
For 3.3, best PvE glyphs are:

Major Glyphs:

Seal of Vengeance (this one is very good to reach the expertise cap in bosses, so you can free sockets for a different thing, like Crit, you can never have too much crit)
Consecration (never NEVER NEVER replace this with glyph of exorcism, it's a DPS loss in every situation)
Judgements, period.

Minor Glyphs:

BoK
Lay on Hands
Sense Undead

Those are the best, and the only ones that are really worth it.

Richtofen wrote:
For 3.3, best PvE glyphs are:

Major Glyphs:

Seal of Vengeance (this one is very good to reach the expertise cap in bosses, so you can free sockets for a different thing, like Crit, you can never have too much crit)
Consecration (never NEVER NEVER replace this with glyph of exorcism, it's a DPS loss in every situation)
Judgements, period.

Minor Glyphs:

BoK
Lay on Hands
Sense Undead

Those are the best, and the only ones that are really worth it.

Hummm. I have a comment about glyph of consecration. I don't think it adds damage to the consecrate ability, but only spreads that damage over 2 more seconds, thus less dps. Please do not use glyph of consecration unless you are a tank, for which it was designed. Use glyph of exorcism, much better.
For retribution, the glyph is key. Each tick still does the same damage. You just have to cast it less often, so it saves you mana and lets you spend more global cool downs casting higher DPS attacks in your rotation.
Except you shouldn't ever use consecration unless you have a global cd in which you have nothing else to cast. And using the glyph does indeed make each tick do less damage. 20% on a spell you use (especially with t10 2set) as much or more often is much better.
Jump to :