view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I to all my problem is that i have as talent as mark shipment and gems all are penetration armor and all my gear is lvl 264 but my DPS is below 3.2K what in the word I, doing wrong?[color=#FF0000] :shock: :mad: [/color]
You might want to give more info. What tree, etc. Not sure armor pen is the best gem, most gem agility depending on the tree. And you should probably do some net research on shot rotations and change your action bars to reflect the shot rotations.
Thank you for you info the talent a use is MM and the rotation i use is 1 Serpent Sting, 2 Aimed Shot, 3 Arcane Shot, 4 Steady Shot I used 2 time, 5 Chimera shot.
Them I repeat with Steady Shot and Chimera shot.
That is the way of my rotation, do you have any subjection let me know thank you. :D :banghead:
well, I'm naturally a survival hunter.

But, here my rotation for MM:

Silence, Serpents, Chimera, Aimed n Steady Shot, Spam steady Shot.

Kill shot are always first priority, whenever it came up, you hit it.
As a general rule, when using a marksmanship build you should NOT gem armor penetration until you are already getting a significant amount (about 750) from your gear.

The thing about Armor Pen is that it scales well - so while you may find that after a certain point stacking agility no longer benefits you, armor penetration will pick up the slack. Until that time, you should gem ONLY agility. there should be delicate cardinal rubies in most of your slots. You should have 1 Nightmare Tear in so that you can put a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond in your meta slot. Everything else should be Delicate Cardinals. Once your gear is already giving you significant armor penetration, gem ArPen instead.

Also, research your talent builds. You might be wasting some points in places where they don't belong. Research glyphs as well. You can use my profile as a point of reference, since I have followed this advice myself with excellent results. I currently reach over 5k dps unbuffed, which has me doing over 50% of group damage in most heroics and between 7-8k with full raid buffs. This is not massive dps, but is high when you consider my gear. I dps above my gear level.

Also mind your rotation. It's better to think of it as a priority though. Your current rotation stinks! This is the correct priority for marksmanship hunters:
First, all targets should be hunter's marked and serpent stung. If another hunter doesn't already have them marked, mark them yourself. Cast serpent sting before beginning your rotation. Here is the correct priority:

Kill Shot - Chimera Shot - Aimed shot (for single target) or Multi-shot (for multiple targets) - Steady shot until something else comes off cooldown. You can keep Arcane shot in your rotation (right after aimed shot) until you have about 350 armor pen, at which point you will start getting more damage out of your steady shots.

Also, you may want to take a second look at your gear. There is plenty of mail out there that is meant for shamans. It might have critical strike rating on it, but it's also got caster stats which you don't want. You want as much agility, armor pen and critical strike/attack power as you can get. our hit rating will take care of itself as the "correct" gear will have hit on it. It is hard to not go over the hit cap. Don't worry about haste as it is more important for hunters to hit hard than it is for them to hit fast.

Finally, try making macros for your shots. My shots are all macroed to cast kill command, cast rapid fire and use both trinkets. This way whenever any of those abilities comes off cooldown it is being used without my having to cast it manually.
Marks Hunters shot rotation/priority is:

Hunters Mark, rapid fire, kill shot, serpent sting, chimera shot, aimed shot, and spam steady shot until one of the other shots is off global cool down. You can add arcane shot in the roation but it depends on your talents and gear. The only time you should need to re-apply serpant sting is if it fails to re-apply with chimera or it just comes off due to the fight.

If your the only hunter always make sure Hunters mark is up, if you have another hunter you need to ask if they have Improved Hunters Mark (or just inspect them) and if they have more points into it then you, they need to make sure theirs is up, your's will over ride the IHM and you don't want to reduce the bonus from theirs. I run with another hunter but he is survival when we raid so I always make sure my mark is up on fights.

True shot aura is also over-ridden when you have a dps death knight or an enchancement shaman, so if you raid with a dk you can drop the point in TS and place it else where.

Your talent tree will also make a difference, points into brarrage and silencing shot (silencing shot only does 50% weapon damage and most bosses you can't silence) are a waste (let the mages and locks do the aoe damage on trash mobs) and place the points into talents that will help on boss fights.

Also, your DPS will change depending on the boss fight and your role in the fight, fights like the Lich King has a ton of movement, miss-directs and tranq shots and will reduce your damage done.
I think you need to go to elitestjerks.com and look at the survial hunter set up thats what i use and in 5 man heriocs i can sustain 5.5k-6k i like it alot more then MM most ppl will say that survial is for ppl that dont know what they are doing but its not true. my rotation is explosive trap>explosive arrow>multi-shot,serpent sting>black arrow then you just use what every refreshes also make sure you have a pet with ferocity because they can give you and your raid a dps bonus

Falor wrote:
Marks Hunters shot rotation/priority is:

Hunters Mark, rapid fire, kill shot, serpent sting, chimera shot, aimed shot, and spam steady shot until one of the other shots is off global cool down. You can add arcane shot in the roation but it depends on your talents and gear. The only time you should need to re-apply serpant sting is if it fails to re-apply with chimera or it just comes off due to the fight.

If your the only hunter always make sure Hunters mark is up, if you have another hunter you need to ask if they have Improved Hunters Mark (or just inspect them) and if they have more points into it then you, they need to make sure theirs is up, your's will over ride the IHM and you don't want to reduce the bonus from theirs. I run with another hunter but he is survival when we raid so I always make sure my mark is up on fights.

True shot aura is also over-ridden when you have a dps death knight or an enchancement shaman, so if you raid with a dk you can drop the point in TS and place it else where.

Your talent tree will also make a difference, points into brarrage and silencing shot (silencing shot only does 50% weapon damage and most bosses you can't silence) are a waste (let the mages and locks do the aoe damage on trash mobs) and place the points into talents that will help on boss fights.

Also, your DPS will change depending on the boss fight and your role in the fight, fights like the Lich King has a ton of movement, miss-directs and tranq shots and will reduce your damage done.

If you spec right arcane or chimera shot will auto hunter mark your target so you can remove that from the rotation. At lvl 79 with yellow gear i do 2.5k dps without my pet getting near the target. I 2-3 shot almost everything solo. I am MM by the way.
Jump to :