•  Topic A nice spec
  •   |  Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:19 am 
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=9&t=99&sid=c26831a2bca7e4b794b8341b37009759&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I've found a really good spec. It's the best I've found so far. It's a arc fire spec.

I've made some improvements, but just bought my epic flying so I'm not gonna apply it yet.

spec here

This spec allows excellent grinding and raiding capability, and also isn't that bad in PvP

Only backdraw is that without Blessing of Sanctuary you can get in real trouble with a raid, but damage is white hot.

Well that's just my opinion. I linked it so you could check it our for yourself.
What is your rotation for raiding? Using arcane like that is alright damage, but currently as the imp scorch does not effect general spell dmg, going down fire as your secondary tree, unless you mainly pvp is pointless. To maximize your dmg you want Icy veins. Also not having Arcane Sub, is bad.
Hence the need for salv but arcane sub

Actually I use more fire than arcane which is actually decently smart for this spec.

Notice that all of the spell damage buffs in arcane are All Spells. Not just Arcane spells.

This allows some pretty high damage.

I don't have a shot rotation really.

The main thing I do is.

Save Pom, AP, and Pyroblast for bosses cuz mobs go down to fast to actually charge a pyroblast and 3 min cooldown with a good group is too long.

Scorch to get the 5 then just use the attacks in combinations.

It's a good spec and I suggest it to any mages out there.

I love the high crits I get. With Mage Armor I'm one of the last that run out of mana.

BTW I don't have arcane sub on purpose. Reason is I hardly get resisted, and it only reduces arcane threat. Sure that's handy with that pally AoE pulls but otherwise pretty useless imo.

and Personally I HATE frost spec. I see the usefulness in pvp, but I'd rather crit some1 for 7k then 40% of 7k over 4 seconds than have that shield and water elemental.
Being a frost mage myself, i can dps just as well as flame and arcane mages if u do it right and u cause less threat then flame mages which i think is best for pve. The icy veins causes ur spells to be uninterupted and hastens. Being troll race as well allows me to utilize thier race feat as well with veins drops my cast time for frostbolts to around 1 sec. and not completely geard i deal almost 5k crits like every other bolt. Really just matter if u want to work hard for dps or be lazy and expect it to be handed to u. If u a good mage u can dps frost just as good as flame or arcane. Just ask my guildies. Plus it really matters how u gem ur gear as well.
Fire spec is better for PvE. It has powerful damage specs and frost has it too, but fire has things that increase damage/crit.
These new trees that blizzard has released are going to make alot of people consider arcane. The bonuses are easier to get to, and the upper bonuses are worth more. Every mage should check out the arcane tree as well as the other trees. I myself would change to fire if I didn't like the playstyle I have right now soo much.
I know fire mages have fire damage over time. That is what gets most frost mages. However unbuffed my frost mage has crit chance of 18.75 unbuffed which is not bad if i use molten armor alone buffs it to around 21.5 and when that happens stuff doesnt last long. Like i said the way u play and gem ur gear matters more then spec. that is what i am saying. I play with some really good mages that r even better geard then me they barely out dps me in raids. I play frost cause cast time is quicker and i can rock out major damage as is. Spec is just preffernce i believe. if nothin else try em out see which u like the most.

Dartanun wrote:
I know fire mages have fire damage over time. That is what gets most frost mages. However unbuffed my frost mage has crit chance of 18.75 unbuffed which is not bad if i use molten armor alone buffs it to around 21.5 and when that happens stuff doesnt last long. Like i said the way u play and gem ur gear matters more then spec. that is what i am saying. I play with some really good mages that r even better geard then me they barely out dps me in raids. I play frost cause cast time is quicker and i can rock out major damage as is. Spec is just preffernce i believe. if nothin else try em out see which u like the most.

tru dat man.

I've seen some pretty nice frost mage dps, and I've seen good fire dps, but I still love my pom pyro spec.
your spec has a massive flaw, without points in presence of mind, you cant get arcane power,floes,potency, and two more talents. So really your spec wont work at all. I roll a frosty and my dps is very good, I can usually stay close to fire and arcane mages. My spells are faster and I seldom go oom. I dont pull aggro so I stay alive longer also. check out Layz on the thorium brotherhood realm, her spec is what I prefer.

sevad wrote:
your spec has a massive flaw, without points in presence of mind, you cant get arcane power,floes,potency, and two more talents. So really your spec wont work at all. I roll a frosty and my dps is very good, I can usually stay close to fire and arcane mages. My spells are faster and I seldom go oom. I dont pull aggro so I stay alive longer also. check out Layz on the thorium brotherhood realm, her spec is what I prefer.

I really don't see what your saying

I have the point in Presence of mind, Arcane Potency.

My spec usually runs about 800dps and with a good tank with near equal gear.

I'm not missing any damage increasing spells except for torment of the weak, but I barely ever see snares so I thougt it a waste of points

My imp scorch increases my crit chance, and my mana regen is fairly good. I'm usually the highest on recount <pet's aren't merged, but with them merged I'm still high up on the chart.>
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=9&t=99&sid=c26831a2bca7e4b794b8341b37009759&start=10
Jump to :