view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
My GS is 5599, I have decent weapons Might of the faithful and Citadel Enf. Claymore, but my dps just plain sucks.... I do 3800 to 4K in 5 mans, and 4.5 to 5.5K in 10 and 25 man raids. Rotation is WW, BT, Slam/HS, and cleave. Just regemmed from Armor Pen to Strength, and that helped a bit, but still nowhere close to what he should be doing... I tried copying Landsouls talents, my dps went down, so I put him back how I had him. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
You're doing it wrong!

At you're gear you can push alot higher than that. Make sure you spam heroic strike/cleave while doing your normal rotation, they don't use global cooldowns! only slam when bloodsurge is procces. Make sure you're using heroic throw/victory rush in free global cooldowns when bloodthirst/whirlwind/bloodsurge are not up. Also, try to sneak in recklessness/deathwish when you can, also in free global cooldowns.

If you haven't already, get slamalert. It's an addon that will help you know when bloodsurge is active.

In your gear, you have a TON of hit rating. Bleed off as much of it as you can from gems.

Go back to landsoul's talents!

And get rid of your shoulder enchant! Get the one from the sons of hodir.

I have barely better gear than you and I pull between 9 and 11k dps single target in icc25, depending on the fight. I know you can do the same very soon =)
Thx very much for the info!! Do you recommend agility replacing hit, or perhaps critical strike? Lands agility is about 5 or 6 times higher than mine... Also, my strength looks higher than lands, should I change that, and to what? I will change the icc ring to the agility/stamina one. I obviously have priorities wrong, my output shows it!! LOL
Thanks again!!
Those extra stats are just from gear, nothing more.

Your strength is so much higher than his because he stacks armor penetration instead of strength. You need a bit more armor penetration just from gear before stacking it though. Once you get around 700 armor pen it's worthwhile to swap all your str gems for arp gems.

Also, make sure to check your glyphs against landsoul's...you'll want to learn how to fit rend into your rotation as well to make full use of his setup.
I will copy his glyphs. I havent ever really done stance changing during fights. I am going from berserker to battle stance, rend, heroic throw and retaliation, then back to berserker. Seems to work ok in long fights, except that heroic throw seems to make me pull aggro alot!! lol
Thanks again for youradvice! It has been very helpful!
wow 9k! i would kill to get 5k consistantly. could you or anyone check my toon out please i dont know what i'm doing wrong. my rotation is the same as above, so i think it must be gems or enchants or something. thanks in advance.
You need to be gemming for strength right now. Your armor penetration is way too low to even begin gemming for it. Swap out all of your fractured cardinal rubies for bold cardinal rubies asap.

You have the wrong meta gem, you need the chaotic skyflare diamond. Furthermore, you're not meeting the gem requirements for your meta to be active. Once you get a chaotic skyflare diamond, put a single nightmare tear in your chestpiece and then put a sovereign dreadstone somewhere where it will make a set bonus work.

You also need 10 more expertise rating to be capped, get it somehow.

You would do better getting lower quality PvE gear than using high quality pvp gear as a DPS. Your neckpiece, for instance, would get you more dps if you used the ilvl 226 badge one. Also, your trinkets are REALLY bad. Try grinding H FoS and N TOC 5 mans to get the Needle Encrusted Scorpion and the Banner of Victory, both are decent DPS trinkets you can grind for.

Your ring, the ashen band of greater might, is not optimal. Get the ring of vengeance instead, you will do slightly more dps with it.

For boots, H HoR will get you the Grinning Skull Boots. Run it every day for them, or try to get Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers from icc25 lady deathwhisper.

Check your talents against Landsoul's as stated above. You can alternatively copy mine, which are slightly different and are raid specific, just like his. Glyphs too.

Basically, your character is in pretty bad shape. The mistakes you've made with gems are expensive ones unfortunately =( You should be pullling 8k dps single target in 25 mans right now(test on saurfang).
thank you!! these are the answers i've been trying to get from anyone that would listen. just found this site. since noone could answer these questions ( before you) i was just going for GS to try and get into raids for better gear. again thank you very much. i just got out of a icc 25 and single target dps like you said was sad 3500 to 4200.

i was told to go all arm pen so i recently got rid of all my strength gems, i will correct that tomorrow! its only game gold after all.
i copied landsouls talents, hopefully i can get those trinkets and ring in the next few days, i will keep ya posted. again thank you very much!
Your advice has wrked out well, thx again! I was hitting almost 8K in icc 25, although after a few wipes, it was down to 5800ish. lol
Jump to :