view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
OK. I just levelled to 80 yesterday, finally... I have 0 dungeon and raid gear, I levelled primarily by questing and have very little dungeon or raid experience. I've never been in a 10 or 25 man, I've never even entered a heroic dungeon. Yes, I know, this makes me sound like a noob and completely lame but Up until this point I have always preferred soloing, and the guild that I"m in is mostly 80's that don't do lower dungeons unless asked.... and I hate asking for help.

I need direction and advice. As I said I have 0 dungeon or raid gear, have no idea about enchants and gems, and according to someone in a random dungeon I tried for the first time yesterday, as a Ret Pally, I have no idea what DPS is or how to do it.

My theory on DPS is when the mob gets pulled, I go in and hit with everything I have on a FCFS basis. Guess I was wrong.

Alot of my problem I'm going to assume is my gear, weapon, enchants, and gems. But where do I start? I feel like I know my class and I have a decent rotation down. I just need loads of help and information. I don't mind doing the work, I just need to know where to begin. Help Please?
Hey, basically DPS means Damage Per Second. Also, in order to get emblems you need to go to the random dungeon finder (Hot key I) and select a random HEROIC dungeon. That will get you emblems for your Tier 9 gear. As for geming you basically want nothing but strength. At a level 80 I would suggest gemming out all +20 strength on all you sockets. As for enchantments go, you will want nothing but attack power on all your items if possible.
Your not entirely wrong Nimaj, as DPS I would suggest backing up the tank and just rotate something like Crusader Strike / Divine Storm / Judgement of Wisdom / Crusader Strike / Exorcism (if Art of War is now active). This seems to do OK for me (+ the occasional use of Consecration and Avenging Wrath).

I too am new to lvl80 on my very first toon, and only started do randoms at this lvl a week or so ago, and I still haven't got ideal gear, just very helpful and patient guildies, who help me through the few heroics I do have gear for.

Just be patient, put the effort in, and don't be afraid to ask for help. If your guild aren't willing to help....find another one that will.

And tyboyd is right, go for STR on all your gear, this will usually provide +AP. Then +STR on all gemmings and +STR or +AP on enchants.
Jump to :