view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
This engineering tinkering adds 885 armor to gloves, far and away the best permanent armor enchantment in the game! At least based on WoWhead's Item Enchantments search -- which doesn't even list Reticulated Armor Webbing (highest armor enchantment listed is Glove Reinforcement +240 armor ).

So why is this enchantment showing up as a big fat red zero on my character page? Surely it doesn't matter that it is a engineer-only enchant?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hunters don't have any benefits from armor, that is the only reason why that enchant is scored with 0 for your character.
No benefit from armor? EVERYONE benefits from armor! Hunters benefit by NOT DYING and therefore continuing to benefit others in the party with their ranged attacks. Healers benefit by having that much less work keeping a hunter alive. I could go on...

Armor is good! If it didn't benefit hunters, we'd be wearing cloth like the other squishies!
I think that his point was that armor benefits hunters far, far less than agility or attack power. In fact, for a hunter's role as a damage dealer, armor is completely useless as a damage dealer should not regularly be taking physical damage. As a hunter, if you are regularly dying then either your tank is very, very bad or you're doing something very very wrong.

Should hunters get a protection tree in the next patch I'm sure our benevolent site owner will change this straight away.

Also, the purpose of gear score is to see if your character would benefit a raid. I believe that in this particular instance it's doing it's job perfectly.
If you wanna use an engineering enchant use Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket, counts as 15 for me so should be for any DPS.

Quote:
Hunters don't have any benefits from armor.

That reminds me of when someone in my guild asked if they got any benefit from Spirit, I had to be smart and say "Everyone gets some benefit from Spirit" :)
Thanks for all the good info, guess I'll get a +ap enchant instead. :grin:
I believe the +20 Agility to Gloves is going to be your best enchant. Not a hunter expert though.
Jump to :