•  Topic Hidden caps
  •   |  Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:28 am 
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Why is it that when I stack my agility to 2500 my dps goes down in raids like a stone. Imo there are hidden caps in wow. So why do you does this site say that agil can be stacked to the moon? I have stacked agility and found that too much is bad. Ever heard of diminishing returns? Ever go into MC, BWL, AQ 40 and find that your dps is about the same as it would be in ICC 25? Why is this? The stats on those bosses are so low we should be able to blink at them and they die. It is because of these diminishing returns that we get capped at a certain dps. Kind of like the volley cap. Where only so much dps is allowed. These caps are in place to limit farmers so that they have to work to farm in lower instances. I have worked very hard to find these caps and I believe that I am now at a sv hunters maxx dps. My burst is comparable to other hunters, but where I really shine is the longer the fight the more I pulll away. I am doing about 800k damage before going oom on dummies now with my current gear 5817 gearscore. I hope to do alot more with zod's as it has never dropped for our guild I don't have it. So I am currently dpsing with the 251 icc 10 bow. As I beat any hunter in dps so far on fights no matter their gear I feel I am on the right track.

Take Naxx in LICH for example go in there with a 5800 gearscore toon and you will be lucky to pulll 6k dps single target. Take that same toon into icc 25 and pull 10k dps on single target pulls. There are and will be more hidden caps in wow I think I have found the hunter ones and have pulled 12k dps in 10 man os (dpsing only the boss) Granted I had the right buffs and group to do it but 12k is possible unless my meters (recount, skada) lie.

Speadsheets are for nubs that think that the person who wrote it knows everything about wow dps. I can tell you that the only place to test dps I have found is in wow raids the more buffs the better. Dummies are a great at testing rotation, they suck for alll out dps test.

The funny part is when I try to tell other hunters about some of this I have been ignored for saying that haste is not that bad if you do it right. Some hunters laugh at me cause of my gems and what I stack but back down when I say lets go do a os 10 3d run and see who is laughing at the end. I hate it when they don't have the balls to lose. lol I like losing to anyone on dps as it makes me rethink my dps and I find new ways to get more by looking at what the best hunters do. Plus it gives me a benchmark to shoot for. Eg I can out dps all 5800 gs hunters that have zod's when I don't. My alt hunter has 5050 gs and has beatin alot of 5700 gs hunters he has same bow as me. (testing this out I needed to prove to myself side by side with 2 hunters that I was on the right track) I was as high as 2nd on dps with my alt hunter at 4800 gearscore in an icc 25 run that I did with him, and was no lower then 10th on any fight. We cleared the first 4 bosses on that run btw.

Lanzandon
Ok you said that there are caps and you said how u can out dps other hunters because you have figured this out. Are you going to share your information??? Because no where in your post does it say anything about your findings.
I'd like to know about the hidden caps too because I'm finding the same thing. It's more worthwhile to up your AP than it is your agility. And hit rating cap is not consistent from one instance to the other.

or is this just Blizzard trying to maximize on easy to play hack and slash players, because there is no finesse left in this game.
These are aproxamate caps that I have found in wow as I have been testing these to find the best dps I have found that 2100 agil unbuffed is about maxx atm. This may change with future patches and I have not tested more agil with patch 3.3.3 yet. I have also noticed that over 52.50 percent crit unbuffed seems to be bad now the problem that I have. Agil gives crit as well so I am still testing to see if it is an agil cap or crit cap or both. I have seen some mm hunters with 58 percent crit on wow heroes and 1800 to 1900 agil now I would be interested in knowing if their dps suffers with that much crit. I have spend 30k gold easy regemming and specing to find what I have found. I am finding that it is now getting hard to stay under 2100 agil with the gear that I have now. I also stack alot a armor pen as survival. AS I have never seen a magic explosion. Imo explosive shot is phsyical damage not magic as hysteria buffs my dps by 20 percent on my dps meter survival hunters are as phsyical damage dealers as mm hunters. The only shot I can think of that may be magical is arcane shot which mm hunters use not sv so Arp is probably better for sv then mm.

The reason that armor pen works so good for mm hunters is that it puts them below the agility cap, now I have applied that knowledge to sv hunter and find that I get the same results as mm with more instant high dps shots sv comes out on top of meters every time on moving fights. My dps is very comparable if not better then mm hunters on non moving fights as well. With the more efficient mana use that sv hunter enjoy the longer the fight the more that you pull away from mm hunters as well. Plus the mm hunter buffs an sv hunters ap by 10 percent so you get all of this with the mm hunters best buff to if you have one in your run. I love using an mm hunter buff to beat his dps hands down. FYI if you spec 5/15/51 and glyff hawk haste is so awesome with a bloodlust.

Lanzandon
ok that made alot more sense thank you :D
May I ask Why you Chose Glyph of Aimed Shot instead of Glyph of Explosive Shot?.
Honeslty Yes i use Aimed Shot but i barely have time to when Explosive Pops Of Cooldown So quickly.
Plus Wouldnt you think the Extra 4% crit from Explosive would be more Efficent to your dps then the 2 seconds on your Aimshot cooldown?.

Rotation. SS>BA>ES>AS>Steady>Steady>ES> refresh Stings
Priority Killshot > explosive
if im wrong Correct me.

6.5k-7k in 10icc about 7.5k-8k in Icc25[ If i have the Correct buffs.]

9/12 10icc
8/12 25icc
Every ability score in world of warcraft has a kind of soft cap. There is a point at which it no longer benefits you to continue stacking that particular stat. That is why after a certain point MM hunters begin gemming ArPen. You can absolutely gem hit until you have some completely ludicrous number, but you only need 8%.

After a while your critical hit percent is not going to increase from agility anymore. I am not sure if it continues to raise ranged attack power. It's not so much a cap as it is a threshold.

The thing is that all stats scale - at higher levels they scale differently. Eventually it comes to a point where the stat is not going to benefit you as much anymore. This is probably the main reason that there is so much gear out there that has agi, ap and crit on it. Agi raises both of those other stats, but if your agi is too high it won't scale, so the additional stats are there to compensate for that. This makes sense for end game gear, but carried over into Tbc and wrath leveling gear so that veteran players couldn't just coast through the new content in their tier 3.

You can get an idea of how the scaling works when you're leveling. These numbers are all just random, sinc I don't know the math. It's just an example. You have 200 agility which gives you 140 ranged AP and 16% crit. Then DING! you gain a level. Suddenly your AP is 133 and your crit is 14.76%. What happened? Your stats scaled to your level. In the endgame stats continue to scale in different ways.
Jump to :