view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I was looking at my Gear Score and noticed that it went up when I changed my gems. What is the "ideal gems" for a resto druid according to wow-heroes?
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Best gem choice for resto druids is:
Runed Cardinal Ruby
Purified Dreadstone
Luminous Ametrine
Quality of the gems you use is also counted.
Isn't Royal Dreadstone (12 SP 5MP5) just as good as Purified? It's a little bit more MP5 for a little bit less SP. They're very similar in any case.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Royal Dreadstone is good if you have problem with mana regen in combat .
Purified Dreadstone is still a bit superior since you will get a bit more spell power (with tree of life of course)and mana regen .
I think the new best gem is Reckless Ametrine, which is +12 spell and +10 Haste. To go with the new Rejuv Glyph.
Gemming for druids depends on your role as a healer, gear and your spec, At the moment, rejuv +wildgrowth seem to be the bread and butter. In order to really punch these spells up, hitting the soft haste cap while not impacting spell power is the balancing act.

Druids have inherent big mp5 regen and our gear bonus' tend to give us the rest so you never want to gem mp5.

I would suggest the following;

Meta (head) : Insightful Earthsiege Diamond. This procs quite a bit and is very useful if you are having any mana issues on longer boss fights.

Runed Cardinal ruby - 23 Sp
Purified Dreadstone - 12 Sp + 10 Spirit
Reckless Ametrine - 12 Sp + 10 Haste

I do have ONE haste only gem (hides). I put it in my ring, but I have zero mana issues and run around 8k hps average on a boss fight.

Of course, this is if your in epic gear. I would not waste the gold on gemming blue gear with these gems.

You should not be having mana regen issues if you have solid mana management skills.

Good luck!
in talent alone spirit should always give u more mp5 w/ the 15% spirit buff the u should have in the talent tree, as for enchants it should be just the head and shoulders that u see mp5
Jump to :