Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=1db2df7c833089f9c0b2c1555675468b&start=50
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
As I already noticed when searching for my name on Google someone already took my LGPL licensed class and did some hacking on it in the meanwhile forgetting to retain the copyright notice.

To countermeasure that kind of behaviour I've set up 2 github projects which PHP users might find intresting.

WowPhpTools
http://github.com/christiaan/WowPhpTools
This project aims at bringing a standard to fetch data from the Armory and Wow-heroes.com using PHP. For now there are just two methods implemented, one to fetch data specific for one character and one for fetching a full guildroster (for wow-heroes just the guildroster part).
It should be fairly easy to extend it to support the other features the Armory offers.

WowPhpToolsWebService
http://github.com/christiaan/WowPhpToolsWebService
This project is what I'm running at http://christiaan.baartse.nl/WowPhpToolsWebService/wowheroes/?c=christiaanisgek&z=eu&r=outland&g=mysth for now it basically implements the JSONP format for both Wow-heroes and the Armory.

Using that last service it is fairly easy to create Javascript widgets showing a guild listing either by fetching it from the armory or by fetching it from wow-heroes.com.
If you'd like such a listing you can provide me with a design of how the list is supposed to look like and I can turn it into dynamic javascript widget for you.

Edit:
Example widgets just copy the source and change the guild realm and zone to see a listing for any other guild.

crushzilla wrote:
As I already noticed when searching for my name on Google someone already took my LGPL licensed class and did some hacking on it in the meanwhile forgetting to retain the copyright notice.

To countermeasure that kind of behaviour I've set up 2 github projects which PHP users might find intresting.

WowPhpTools
http://github.com/christiaan/WowPhpTools
This project aims at bringing a standard to fetch data from the Armory and Wow-heroes.com using PHP. For now there are just two methods implemented, one to fetch data specific for one character and one for fetching a full guildroster (for wow-heroes just the guildroster part).
It should be fairly easy to extend it to support the other features the Armory offers.

WowPhpToolsWebService
http://github.com/christiaan/WowPhpToolsWebService
This project is what I'm running at http://christiaan.baartse.nl/WowPhpToolsWebService/wowheroes/?c=christiaanisgek&z=eu&r=outland&g=mysth for now it basically implements the JSONP format for both Wow-heroes and the Armory.

Using that last service it is fairly easy to create Javascript widgets showing a guild listing either by fetching it from the armory or by fetching it from wow-heroes.com.
If you'd like such a listing you can provide me with a design of how the list is supposed to look like and I can turn it into dynamic javascript widget for you.

Edit:
Example widgets just copy the source and change the guild realm and zone to see a listing for any other guild.

absolute superb script that... i've only got one question... is it possible to get the roster done the way it is but sortable? just thinking so i could sort it to compare peeps of the same spec/class n so on....
I've added 1 extra javascript include to the Wow-heroes example
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tablesorter.com/jquery.tablesorter.min.js"></script>

And initialize the tablesorter when the list is created with
widget.find('table').tablesorter();

The example now includes these changes. Just try clicking the headers.
The headers get a css class assigned to them, so you could add little arrows to the headings to show the current sort order.

Milagros wrote:
There is no such option available at the moment (for only 1 character). If you just need basic character info, you can fetch it directly from Armory.

Would be great if there is such an option...
Basic char infos is available from Armory for sure, but if someone is interested just for the score of one char... ;)

crushzilla wrote:
I've added 1 extra javascript include to the Wow-heroes example
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tablesorter.com/jquery.tablesorter.min.js"></script>

And initialize the tablesorter when the list is created with
widget.find('table').tablesorter();

The example now includes these changes. Just try clicking the headers.
The headers get a css class assigned to them, so you could add little arrows to the headings to show the current sort order.

perfect absolute perfect, thanks allot crushzilla :king2:

rayFX wrote:

Milagros wrote:
There is no such option available at the moment (for only 1 character). If you just need basic character info, you can fetch it directly from Armory.

Would be great if there is such an option...
Basic char infos is available from Armory for sure, but if someone is interested just for the score of one char... ;)

*push up*

I can't believe that I am the only with this feature request.
And as a web developer I can't believe that this feature request is too difficult to realize... ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's not a problem at all just to export gear score as xml, we just can't export all info (items, gems, enchants, glyphs, talents, etc etc). So, if you're only after gear score, we'll see what we can do to help. Stay tuned :)

Alex wrote:
It's not a problem at all just to export gear score as xml, we just can't export all info (items, gems, enchants, glyphs, talents, etc etc). So, if you're only after gear score, we'll see what we can do to help. Stay tuned :)

/big hug :cool:

It would be fantastic, if this "webservice" also gives the opportunity to refresh the gearscore by getting the current data from the armory, eg. adding a parameter like "...&live=true"...

To be honest: we currently use the gearscore of be.imba (even it's a different gearscore than on wow-heroes), which is offered via a SOAP service for a single char or a bunch of chars. Unfortunately this SOAP service doesn't allow a refresh of the char data from the armory. This means to get the current gearscore, you have to go to be.imba, make a refresh, go back to our site and make a call to the SOAP service... not quite user friendly...
So we are looking for a "gearscore service" that offers current and refreshed data... if wow-heroes could offer this, we would switch immediatly!
:friends:

Best regards,
Okglar

rayFX wrote:

Alex wrote:

/big hug :cool:

It would be fantastic, if this "webservice" also gives the opportunity to refresh the gearscore by getting the current data from the armory, eg. adding a parameter like "...&live=true"...

To be honest: we currently use the gearscore of be.imba (even it's a different gearscore than on wow-heroes), which is offered via a SOAP service for a single char or a bunch of chars. Unfortunately this SOAP service doesn't allow a refresh of the char data from the armory. This means to get the current gearscore, you have to go to be.imba, make a refresh, go back to our site and make a call to the SOAP service... not quite user friendly...
So we are looking for a "gearscore service" that offers current and refreshed data... if wow-heroes could offer this, we would switch immediatly!
:friends:

Best regards,
Okglar

yes this would be a great service HOWEVER it would cause too much hassle for wow-heroes to provide upto current infomation like that as blizz servers would ban them very fast for query flooding. i myself would like the option for "single char info" but keep it on the basis like it is now so that people have to push the update button manually too keep issues down to a minimum
I've been developing a JS based roster for my guild website using this great feed. It's all working fine on my local machine when using Safari but fails in other browsers. Looking into the issue suggests that cross domain protections are causing the issue and that Safari is probably behaving incorrectly.

Would it be possible to add the necessary headers to the output as seen here so that compliant browsers can access the data.

Thanks for all the work you've put in. :D
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=1db2df7c833089f9c0b2c1555675468b&start=50
Jump to :