view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Somehow my warrior seems to be rated quite a bit more poorly then i would suspect, since there are only 3 rather minor upgrades left for me in BT/MH

Some suggestions on this:

Trinkets:
- Bonus for solarian's sapphire: Even though it's from TK and it has relatively low itemlevel, it's still the best trinket by far to use in raid environments. it supplies 5 ppl with 82 attack power each. That's 410 attack power in a full melee group. No trinket comes close to such a bonus atm. Imho it should receive a bonus to be on par with ilevel 146 gear or more.

- Bonus for Shard of contempt: Apart from the sapphire, the only competitor for this trinket is the SWP one. It surpasses all trinkets in BT, so it should receive a bonus to receive a bonus to be on par with ilevel ~146 as well.

I think it's possible to give bonusses to certain items since penalties are possible as well?

PvP gear:
Then I think PvP gear is receiving way too large penalties for warriors, even though pvp gear isn't considered class specific yet, i think it should be, since it's very great dps gear for warriors.

Weapons (melee): Should not receive any penalty at all. They have the same dps as their pve counterparts and very well balanced stats. ilevel 146 for vengeful seems quite appropriate.

Armor: Only minor penalty is needed here imo. brutal head is on par with illidari shatterer (ilevel 141), brutal chest is superior to onslaught (ilevel 146). a penalty to make them on par with ilevel 141 gear seems quite sufficient, i have a feeling the penalty atm is significantly larger.

Similarly, vengeful isn't bad dps gear either.


enchants:
I don't agree that surefooted should receive such a low score, dexterity gets 10, while it isn't that much greater, definitely not for warriors. But I guess opinions can differ here.


Anyway, that was my constructive feedback for the warrior side of things.

Sidenote: I don't really know how the rating process works, so i might have missed some issues that might bring my gear to a lower rating then it should.

I'm Bjoepie from Skullcrusher, so you can check my profile.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Quote:
- Bonus for solarian's sapphire: Even though it's from TK and it has relatively low itemlevel, it's still the best trinket by far to use in raid environments. it supplies 5 ppl with 82 attack power each. That's 410 attack power in a full melee group. No trinket comes close to such a bonus atm. Imho it should receive a bonus to be on par with ilevel 146 gear or more.

Wasn't it 70 AP? Still, it's value falls a lot if you have less than 5 melee in group. Anyway, since it's a bit tricky for me alone to decide which item deserves a boost or reduction to ilvl, I guess best thing would be to have visitors vote on each items lvl.

Quote:
I think it's possible to give bonusses to certain items since penalties are possible as well?

Ye, it's possible, I'll give some more thought about these 2, thanks for reporting them :)

Quote:
PvP gear:
Then I think PvP gear is receiving way too large penalties for warriors, even though pvp gear isn't considered class specific yet, i think it should be, since it's very great dps gear for warriors.

Weapons (melee): Should not receive any penalty at all. They have the same dps as their pve counterparts and very well balanced stats. ilevel 146 for vengeful seems quite appropriate.

Armor: Only minor penalty is needed here imo. brutal head is on par with illidari shatterer (ilevel 141), brutal chest is superior to onslaught (ilevel 146). a penalty to make them on par with ilevel 141 gear seems quite sufficient, i have a feeling the penalty atm is significantly larger.

Similarly, vengeful isn't bad dps gear either.

I'll review it :scratch:

Omg, you're a gnome :)
Nice gear btw :cool:
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Since any selfrespecting warrior has 5/5 in the improved battleshout talent. it becomes 82 instead of 70 :). the 70 is part of the battleshout so the talents for battleshout naturally also apply on the bonus ^^.

I also saw that i have currently cacaclysm's edge equipped, which was a boost for my rating. Normally i have 2x vengeful weapons tho, which seemed to drag down my score.

About the pvp gear, it's ofcourse expected that in the beta these might give some kind of goofy score cause for most classes pvp gear is terrible in pve and the scores are not class-specific yet. But that's why I posted some constructive feedback on it ^^.

You can judge the value of brutal (and possibly vengeful) on http://www.maxdps.com which i find pretty accurate for everything except trinkets :). You will see that every Brutal piece except gloves and possibly shoulders perform on par with T6 :).

Greetz ^^.

EDIT: I also want to say that your site looks great and is very useful. And I like how you are open for public feedback. Keep up the nice work :).
view posts by this user Offline
  • 4.  DPS  » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 pm
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Im trying to understand what produces DPS . I understand the higher your gear score than obviously your dps will also be higher but I think theres more factors that contribute to producing more DPS. I know Hit rate % has somthing to do with it. Armore penetration, the weapon you use. It just seems I cant get my dps crits any higher than 7K or 8K . Ocassionally I see a 10K crit. But is this normal for a Arms warrior with a GS of 2700+ ? Id appriciate any suggestions. thank You :scratch:
Jump to :