view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I've searched but didn't find any specifics on this...

My question is, are tier set bonuses rewarded any additional points?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but It doesn't appear that they are, and as a result my GS actually drops when I upgrade from 251 non-set gloves to 251 t10, to enable the 2t10 bonus. My score drops from 3002 to 2996, and I'm sure the reason must be because the non-set gloves have one additional socket (many of the non-set items have one more socket than their same-ilvl tier peers). So I'm being docked 6 points because I have one less epic gem equipped.

I know that different set bonuses are better for different classes/specs, but surely a bonus is worth more than one epic gem. Using 2x t10.251 shouldn't be worse than using 2x 251 non-set. Basically the current scoring system penalizes the use of tier armor because it has fewer sockets...

I'd suggest
a] giving some kind of value to set bonuses
b] instead of giving points-per-gem, instead give points-per-item-gemmed; like X number of points if the item has 100% epic gems in it, or less than that if the item has blue quality gems, etc. That way the score isn't coupled to the number of gems, but the quality. After all, if I'm a raid leader, I don't give a damn if player X has 20 gems and player Y has 18...I'd rather see that all of their gems are epic.
c] some combination of a and b.

Just some ideas.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Thanks for nice feedback we will think about your ideas.
Jump to :