•  Topic Gear Score
  •   |  Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:06 am 
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2283&sid=1d3ebe6b4ad0de9dfdd895b70ffcccb9&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I know that there is already an add-on for gearscore in wow but it is not the gearscore from here

Would someone be able to make an add-on that uses wow-heroes gearscore in game to save the tabbing out to check hundreds of people for a raid?

Galarandia, Gnomeregan, Alliance

Seramir wrote:
I know that there is already an add-on for gearscore in wow but it is not the gearscore from here

Would someone be able to make an add-on that uses wow-heroes gearscore in game to save the tabbing out to check hundreds of people for a raid?

I came on the forums just to ask the very same question. We Need a WoW-Heroes Gear Score Add-On really Bad. I always have to Alt-Tab out of the game just to go check gear score. I dont have the other GearScore addon and when people are talking about it, I notice that there is a HUGE difference in the numbers. People are like, "I have a 4500+ gear score," and I am all like: "That isnt possible" lol . We Need a gear score addon from WoW-Heroes!
Thanks,

Blaze
Just use the GS addon until WoW-Heroes comes up with one.

4400 for ToC10, 4600 for ToC25.
to me it sounds like an easy problem to fix. Just come up with an acceptable gear score to use as a standard. and continue using the GS they have now. Example if 4500 is the equivilant to 2400 on Hero then just go by that. ......I think...lol
Unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated. Wow Heroes uses information provided by the Armory in order to calculate an overall gear score. This information is more detailed than the information that can be obtained in-game. I really don't foresee a Wow Heroes add-on since Armory information would not be available to the add-on.

However, if Wow Heroes were to publish their scoring system under a public license of some sort, then it would be possible to more closely approximate the same score in an add-on.
sorry im a little late, but what information does it get from the armory that can't be obtained ingame

Seramir wrote:

Galarandia, Gnomeregan, Alliance

Why are you tabbing out to check gear scores? That is not a good way of determining whether or not someone is capable of keeping up with the rest of your raid. Perhaps you should start checking their wow armory page instead, so that you don't have a bunch of people in your raid with high gear scores, but can't stay out of fire? Gear score can have a use, but it is *never* a good tool in determining whether or not a player should be allowed into your raid.

This new dependence on gear score is absolutely sickening. If you are a raid leader, take the time to learn about the other classes. Learn about the gear they should be using, the stats they should be stacking, and how to check their achievements, so that you can accurately determine whether or not they are capable of performing as needed. One silly number(gear score) is NOT in any way a good measure of a person's ability to make your raid successful.

To the wow-heroes admin that will likely be deleting this post: Please, please please stop this ridiculous charade you have going! We both know that gear score has become a plague that is destroying this game! It is allowing people to become reliant on a single number, a number that does not really mean anything, aside from the fact that a player has certain iLevel gear, enchants, and gems. This does not make a player, and I am sick and tired of seeing people posting gear score requirements to join a raid. It is ridiculous, and has gone TOO FAR. Players should be learning how to determine a character's true worth, by actually checking their choice of gear(not just ilevel; checking for APPROPRIATE gear for their class/spec), checking for the CORRECT gems(not just high quality), and correct enchants. Please do the responsible thing, and stop providing this misleading, and harmful "service".

Thank you!
Crihle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crihle wrote:
Perhaps you should start checking their wow armory page instead, so that you don't have a bunch of people in your raid with high gear scores, but can't stay out of fire?

Milagros and I made WoW-Heroes so that we don't have to go through each item on Armory, check it out (gems, enchants, item/stats quality, missing belt buckles, etc etc, missing enchants on rings for enchanters, missing sockets for blacksmiths, etc etc), then open new tab for Achievements, then deal with frequent Armory maintenance, only being able to see one set of gear for each person ....
We totally agree that "Gear score" does not represent someone's ability to "stay out of fire". It represent "Gear score", not "skill score". Skillful player can finish Ulduar in blues. Also, someone in ICC gear can keep dying in fire, staying afk, wiping the raid over and over in so many ways.

Crihle wrote:
If you are a raid leader, take the time to learn about the other classes. Learn about the gear they should be using, the stats they should be stacking, and how to check their achievements, so that you can accurately determine whether or not they are capable of performing as needed

We totally agree. And you can check raid achievements on wow-heroes.

Crihle wrote:
To the wow-heroes admin that will likely be deleting this post: Please, please please stop this ridiculous charade you have going! We both know that gear score has become a plague that is destroying this game! It is allowing people to become reliant on a single number, a number that does not really mean anything, aside from the fact that a player has certain iLevel gear, enchants, and gems. This does not make a player, and I am sick and tired of seeing people posting gear score requirements to join a raid. It is ridiculous, and has gone TOO FAR. Players should be learning how to determine a character's true worth, by actually checking their choice of gear(not just ilevel; checking for APPROPRIATE gear for their class/spec), checking for the CORRECT gems(not just high quality), and correct enchants. Please do the responsible thing, and stop providing this misleading, and harmful "service".

We have no intention to delete any post with which we don't agree completely, unless it's offensive. :) We don't think that the final score number should be something to follow blindly. Some people request ICC gear scores for Nax runs. Some of them want to complete missing achievements and they don't want to "waste time" by bringing someone who actually needs gear from it. Sometimes people invite players with high gear scores who remain on follow and /afk whole instance, and certainly contribute less than others which just got lvl 80 and are doing their best with current gear.
WoW has millions of players and it's impossible to rate each player's skill/gear with 100% accuracy. In vanilla, and partly TBC, someone with better gear usually also had better skill. Before TBC, if you saw someone in full T3, you know he had to go through hell and back to get it. Lately, skill doesn't have to match gear always. We try to focus on rating gear, and leave skill rating to fellow raid members.
What is the formula you guys go by?

I'd like to make an add-on for WoW-Heroes, but I can't figure out your guy's GS Formula.
[quote
Why are you tabbing out to check gear scores? That is not a good way of determining whether or not someone is capable of keeping up with the rest of your raid. Perhaps you should start checking their wow armory page instead, so that you don't have a bunch of people in your raid with high gear scores, but can't stay out of fire? Gear score can have a use, but it is *never* a good tool in determining whether or not a player should be allowed into your raid.

This new dependence on gear score is absolutely sickening. If you are a raid leader, take the time to learn about the other classes. Learn about the gear they should be using, the stats they should be stacking, and how to check their achievements, so that you can accurately determine whether or not they are capable of performing as needed. One silly number(gear score) is NOT in any way a good measure of a person's ability to make your raid successful.

Thank you!
Crihle ][/quote]

And yet another like-minded player speaks the truth! :grin:
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2283&sid=1d3ebe6b4ad0de9dfdd895b70ffcccb9&start=10
Jump to :