view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I constantly read forums about arms-warrior rotations to keep updated and max my DPS output. This is the rotation I use now; Charge, Rend (and always keeping it refreshed, but never too early), Mortal Strike when it is available, Execute if it procs, Overpower when it procs, Slam to fill in the spaces, and of course Sweeping Strikes and Bladestorm when necessary. When the target is under 20% HP I spam Execute and use Mortal Strike when it is available (and obviously keep Rend up).

I am open to suggestions to modify my current rotation, and have the following questions:

1.) Should Heroic Strike/Cleave EVER be used in my rotation? I have tried fixing this into my rotation before, such as for a rage dump, but then I seem to run out of rage for a couple seconds. Maybe I am using it at the wrong time? Should it only be used before certain abilities? Or not at all?

2.) Should Overpower and Mortal Strike be used when the target is under 20% HP? Or does Execute outweigh both of those?

I haven't been able to find any forums that can provide me with clear answers for these questions. Any insight is appreciated.
Im a Arms Warrior too and I find that rotation works pretty good. I never understood Heroic Strike until I stated reading these post. I take it HS sets up your next mele strike. Im I correct?
1) Heroic Strike Should Never be used, Cleave can be used if your rage generation is good, if your not getting rage fast don't use cleave.

2) i use execute whenever the button comes up but execute can use up to 30 rage its probably best to use some of the lower rage things in between to build your rage back up. even below 20% HP
That is total BS don't listen to them, if you have rage spikes were you are hitting 80+ rage (as i do often with many crits) heroic strike is worth using, just don't over use it because It burns rage like mad.
So as long as you are smart about how you use it, use it. I personally found that it increased my over all dps output.
Jump to :