Previous 1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2259&sid=7dff216da4dadbad3ec227ff8725b566&start=20
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Like Quixx said, Expertise is crap. You need Hit to atleast 8.34%.

And as a reply to your first reply, Quixx

I think there is an rotation, you are right about the priority system. It is as a matter of fact the most important thing about Blood DPS. But with my macro rotation which is:

Code: Select all
 /castsequence [button:1] reset=combat/target/6 Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Death Coil, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Coil, Death Coil
/cast !Rune Strike

Im pulling off 7-8k DPS on 10-Man Bosses buffed with Might, Fish Feast and thats basicly it. And in 25 Man, when I am fully buffed with everything I can use. I pull off 10k DPS... I do my Pestilence myself. As you can see IT & PS are both in the Macro twice. For bosses you should have no problem, if your specced corectly, to keep doing this without an interruptipon. The highest Cooldown interruption I had was about 1 second. In trash, you will have a higher interruption due to the fact that you need to use Pestilence for Trash mobs. But its the bosses that matter.

About the DPS, I'm not talking about Hits and Criticals. I am talking about real DPS.
yeh mate i no wat u and quixx mean but it saves LOTS of time by saying expertise cap etc etc so that way u dont have newbies posting wats expertise cap etc etc...
Expertise Cap is useless if you can get Hit Rating more. It is easier to get and it is way handier becouse alot of gear doesn't have alot of Expertise. And you need more Expertise to reach the cap then with Hit
Well u DONT exactly need the full cap, which is something like 60skill or w.e ive heard, u only need 26 skill if u want to cap it, because u shouldnt be attacking bosses from the front, thuss making it so they can only dodge ur moves
There are plenty of bosses which reguire you to position vertical and stand on the side of a boss. Like Onyxia, Sartharion and almost every other dragon in the game. And yes, you do need the cap, becouse it does not only increase your chance that your attacks wont get dodged. But also your amount of damage hit. If you have more Hit Rating, you have better attacks. It just stops at the cap.
yes, well, thats and exception, as theres not that much dragons in the game, and none of wat r main bosses
Well, the hardest boss in the game until ToC came out was Malygos...
If you are (or hope to be) a raiding dps Frost DK... please do not follow the advice of this thread.

Why?

1) Not a critical error, but in the rotation (really a priority system but semantics) it is better to obliterate once before using blood runes. This makes the rune CD a bit smoother.

2) Using the glyph of disease (GoD) removes Improved Icy Talons benefit for your fellow melee... likely the main reason you spec frost and not unholy, post 3.3.

3) With 3 points in nerves of cold steel, the hit you require is 5% (164), not 11 or 12% or whatever was posted by the OP. With boomkin or shadow priest in raid, even your spells are down to 11% (288), so your specials won't miss either. To check this, go here: http://www.wow-heroes.com and click [hit calculator], lol. With all the new ICC stuff (rep ring, etc), it is quite easy to maintain a +290 hit rating.

Last two points are fairly critical. Not that I put much store in rankings, but I am the no. 1 frost DK on my server as rated by wow-heroes.
ok Imortal... as i dont play frost dk anymore or dont see much dks playing it... i cant exactly keep up the most ACCURATE stuff to it... there may be some errors yes..
If you need macro help here is the link:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_death_knights
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2259&sid=7dff216da4dadbad3ec227ff8725b566&start=20
Jump to :