•  Topic DK DPS
  •   |  Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 am 
view posts by this user Offline
  • 1.  DK DPS  » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I'm geared pretty good but my dps is about 3k when i c other DK doing about 4-5k dps that are geared about the same. my rotation is PS, IT, HS, HS, DS, DC, DS, HSx4. any suggestions? :jester:
better spec, better glyphs, if u want go look at my forum on this...
Are you using Pest to keep your diseases up?
Always use your pestilence to keep your diseases up.

If your blood, the following rotation is fit:

Code: Select all
 /castsequence [button:1] reset=combat/target/6 Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Death Coil, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Coil, Death Coil
 /cast !Rune Strike

I myself like to keep pestilence out to get myself to work atleast a little instead of one button everything. And also its a nice addition to keep out Pestilence since you would have more space to put automatic Rune Strike when its available. Which I always miss.

I literally scaled my Rune Strike button to take up 1/4 of my screen in the Upper-Right corner. And I still missed it. :P :blink:
oi clefty soz if this sounds nooby, or maybe im mis understanding u, y would u be using rune strike as a dps? u shouldnt be dodging/parrying attacks, or am i wrong?
You are completely right, I shouldn't miss or parry any attacks. But the fact remains that that macro is pure PvE DPS. If you are on your own doing dailies, and you dodge an attack or parry one. You get to use Rune Strike right away. And if you do happen to dodge/parry an attack from the boss becouse you aggroed or becouse theres an add and the OT didn't pick him up yet, you can use your Rune Strike.
right ok, just wondering
Macro'd rotations don't work as RP generation can cause you to get stuck on a DC.

I always start out with Icy Touch because it's ranged and I have to run up to the boss, GCD is over by then.

Also, use Pest to keep your diseases up. You're using 1 blood or death rune to keep your diseases up rather then two. IT+PS != HS!
Macro'd rotations, at this moment, are better then any other rotation self put. Even if you do have an priority system. The two diseases in the middle are pure for DPS for Death Strike + Heart Strike. And like I said, if you read the whole messege, I also posted to keep Pestilence up yourself.
Jump to :