•  Topic New to this
  •   |  Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 am 
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Am all new to this and have gotten my gear to all purple lvls . but not sure what my DPS specs are rated at or how to check out.

Could someone critic my specs and tell me what needs work on? am open to suggestions.

thanks
guess this question too noob or not worth replying to just asking for help. and not understanding what i really need to change.
Sorry I did not get to this sooner, Aranbane. I was busy, I read your post but I had to go and completely forgot to answer:

:write: :write: :write:

To answer your question, you have perfectly enchanted gear, perfectly gemmed it. I just suggest getting more Badge-Gear for more hit rating and maybe some more gems with Hit Rating on them. Due to the fact that you have only 3.6% Hit chance, 2H DK DPS should have atleast around 8.5%. I always get it up to 10% to make sure. Ill post your spec:

*BLOOD DPS SPEC*
Code: Select all
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#_CJE_Kihg3qfNC,dQOOe-,10192

Go there, and spec your spec like that. I saw you using two Blood Specs. I assume one of them is tanking? Well if you want to tank with Blood Spec. I also really hope that the tank spec is the one without Dancing Rune Weapon, becouse its a top priority in DPS. Blood Tank Spec:

* BLOOD TANK SPEC*
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#3hXL7qTSYwLtq,QdUOe-,10192

And for your DPS Blood Spec Rotation:
 /castsequence [button:1] reset=combat/target/6 Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Death Coil, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Coil, Death Coil
/cast !Rune Strike

And for your DPS Tanking Spec Rotation:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod] Death and Decay; reset=combat Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Death Strike, Heart Strike
/cast [nomod] Rune Strike

For the DPS Spec, make sure you use your Pestilence on your own, I deleted it from the macro so it would be an easy Rune Strike spam when it pops up. Otherwise you have to do it yourself, like that it will automaticly do so. But the convinient thing is, on a boss you can keep spamming the macro. And on trash you can just do Pestilence yourself which makes you do atleast something instead of one button spamming. :)

But again, I really suggest you get your Hit Rating up. I suggest you get a better weapon too. I recommend the H TOC weapons:

Edge of Ruin
Marrowstrike

You can get either way, but its better to get Edge of Ruin for higher DPS. Edge of Ruin is better for a DPS and a Blood Tank. They can be used for both. Hope this has been helpful, if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me. :cool:
yes the specing is for dps on one and Tank on the other. the reason I have the one spec is also for PVE , I tried to make it so I could be in PVP and PVP with the one spec. the other reason I like the army of undead as an OS backup. will look at the spec that you have listed and work with them one at a time.

thanks for the hints on the rating as well. I have read alot of the posts and forums but it goes over my head at time with the number and percentages . Math was never my strong point. I was worried I had gemmed everything wrong. atleast I was doing something right.

on the macro part. do I just cut and paste into a new macro and move that to my action bar, then click in in a battle or a fight? am new to the battlegrounds and PVP. I play on a PVE server (lothar) everything I have learned so far is just by dumb luck.
Yea, just C&P. But those specs are only for DPS. I made a new one, which is actually better then the other one if you dont want the 5% more healing from Blood Pressence:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVRVh0Icfof0stMZfMh0xc:ILpMzm

It gives you 30 more Runic Power which is pretty handy to keep your Sequence up. And yea just C&P the macro into a new one, just spam it in PvE. On Trash with 2+ mobs, just click it twice so Plague Strike and Icy Touch comes up then use Pestilence, then keep going. And when you have a cooldown use Blood Tap and go on. If you switch targets it resets so it goes from the beginning again.
have done the maco and am very happy with how it is working out. thanks!!!!! that has made a major difference in taking out mobs now. have yet to try it in a instance setting, am sure I will notice a major difference there.

was wondering if I need to change out any of my glyphs. and if so which ones.
Export Build
Glyph of Death Grip
Glyph of Death and Decay
Glyph of Chains of Ice
Glyph of Raise Dead
Glyph of Horn of Winter
Glyph of Corpse Explosion

These are your glyphs. What you need to do is the following:

Keep:
1. Horn of Winter

Change(Minor):
1. Corpse Explosion with Death's Embrace
2. Raise Dead with Pestilence

Change(Greater):
1. Death and Decay with Dancing Rune Weapon
2. Death Grip with Dark Death
3. Chains of Ice with Disease

If you go to the post above your last one, you will see a Talent Spec I made for ya. The glyphs are there and also the talents. Becouse if you use Corpse Explosion Glyph, that means you are using Corpse Explosion you shouldnt have. I created a spec which I use for blood. It's a very good one actually.
Jump to :