view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Ok so im leveling a disc priest to heal Main tank. As i have already an 80dps. I love healing but i would like to know what you guys think is the best way to stack my stats. As of right now my priest is only level 70. the way i have been stacking my stats is.... Spirt. int. SP. Crit. MP5 haste.
What do you guys think?
Go SP, Crit, then spirit for Disc heals
Disc Priests should be stacking SP, Crit, then Int. Disc is all about insanely high mana pools instead of MP5.
u also nd some haste as well so sp crit int haste
A cheap easy way to fix a problem with haste when you are gearing up is to go for or buy the +98 Spellpower randomly procs 505 haste Trinket (Three varieties out there:Mortal Egg - Heroic badge purchase, Embrace of the spider Drops off the final boss in the spider wing of Naxx in 10 man, and another one I cant recall the name of that drops off the Brewfest holiday event boss)
If you have two varieties of that trinket they can both procc independently (Putting you occasionally at 1010 haste, plus whatever gear haste you have built up) Kind of overkill, as you can't get below the GCD limit but until you build up to about 500-600 or so haste on your gear, stacking two of these trinkets can put your healing throughput through the roof because of the nice spellpower boost as well as the haste. You may want to drop the two trinket combo for fights that you know will last a long time (Yogg, and General in Uld for example)

I find they are better trinkets to use over most of the 219 and 226 level trinkets I have seen, and even a few 232 and 245 level trinkets. With patch 3.3 maybe people will start running Naxx again and you can try and get one from there and buy the second one from the heroic badge vendor.
I'm only 75 at the moment however, I would assume you would want Int, Sp, Crit, Mp5 and then spirit.

I only say this because as a discipline priest you will be continuously casting and therefore will not really be benefit from the 5 second rule. Thus the usefulness of spirit kind of goes out the window.
you do have to remember tho that spirit adds SP as well as the mp5 to a priest if they put the points and spirit buff and buff themselves ....
in my opinion its a balance between int and spell power....over 26k approx mana and you get great mana returns..fully raid buffed i can break 34k so im starting to gem spell power over int'..i think if you have 27k unbuffed then start looking at sp over int. after that look for crit then haste and take mp5 over spirit.

you get spirit forced on you alot as thats just the nature of the beast quite often but its useless, all your mana returns work off your mana pool..ie: the more mana you have the more a fully absorbed shield returns and so on. i take crit over haste as most of my spells are instant..shield/PoM/suppression/nova on occasion..and my to timed spells are fast as it is..flash/penance..and you get haste after a shield anyway.

crit just procs more Divine Aegis so thats a win

and then find your balance of int and sp that you are comfortable with

int/sp..crit/haste/mp5/spi.

edit: spi doesnt give spell power or anything as disc either as we cant afford the points to allocate to it

it isnt always about tank heal tho if you can predict raid wide damage or if someones going to take a huge chunk of damage like marrowgar's bone spike toss a bub' on them..its mana returns for you,less panick for everyone else and the druid can complain about his 50% overheal =D

good hunting

zakiel wrote:
you do have to remember tho that spirit adds SP as well as the mp5 to a priest if they put the points and spirit buff and buff themselves ....

first off spirit does not give dis priests any sp, only holy and shadow priests do that. second the stats that dis priest want are in order int, sp, haste, crit, and last spirit/mp5
you want your mana pool at a min of 27k if you are wanting to get into end game healing, next sp 2600 is a good starting point you will never have as much as a holy priest but that is ok your main job is to reduce the damage taken there for require less sp, next is haste the more haste you have the faster you can cast your heals right now w/o any procs or buffs my flash heal is at a 1.2 second cast if it comes in after i buble someone it is at about 1 sec, next is crit you are going to get a lot from int already so that is why i rate it lower, last mp5/spirit if you have issues with running out of mana then you need a larger mana pool cause the more mana you have the more you get back from replinish so you shouldnt need mp5/spirit besides what is already on your gear

specopps101 wrote:

zakiel wrote:

first off spirit does not give dis priests any sp, only holy and shadow priests do that. second the stats that dis priest want are in order int, sp, haste, crit, and last spirit/mp5
you want your mana pool at a min of 27k if you are wanting to get into end game healing, next sp 2600 is a good starting point you will never have as much as a holy priest but that is ok your main job is to reduce the damage taken there for require less sp, next is haste the more haste you have the faster you can cast your heals right now w/o any procs or buffs my flash heal is at a 1.2 second cast if it comes in after i buble someone it is at about 1 sec, next is crit you are going to get a lot from int already so that is why i rate it lower, last mp5/spirit if you have issues with running out of mana then you need a larger mana pool cause the more mana you have the more you get back from replinish so you shouldnt need mp5/spirit besides what is already on your gear

QFT^^
Jump to :