view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
What's the best dk tank spec build ? Please reply.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I'm Blood for the extra health, but I can't beat a Frost tank on AOE aggro.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
i always love this question because obviously most players play differently than others. So the spec that'll work for you won't work for others. I myself played a blood tank until recently. Most of the players in higher level 10 and 25 man raids r geared way better than 5 man PUG's and will blow you off of threat charts. For this reason I switched to frost.

Now trust me I swore by blood up and down, but once I tryed and mastered frost it wasn't even close. I love the extra damage reduction which keeps me from ooming to much(taking big hits which allow less time to adjust to). The huge crit bonus' and howling blast are awesome for keeping threat also. Which is one of the hardest parts of DK tanking. All in all I love unbreakable armor in boss fights along with icebound fortitude. Here's my spec link check it out but build according to your playstyle.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... =Out+Casts
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
IT > PS > HS > HS > IT > PS > Dump

Single target Blood. I don't get out threatted except at the beginning of the fight, w/ the OT. Taunt fixes that.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
While I know my post is probably later than most I figured I should at least have my poke at things. I'm a DW tank. Have been since I first turned 80, haven't looked back at all. It's a bit of a pain sometimes early on to keep your defense up, but once you get it down pat, it works out nicely. You do tend to suffer from lower threat than the 2h tankers, but I've come to enjoy the extra avoidance that it brings.
My Spec and Glyphs

One thing I would reccomend that I've recently come across that I'm sure others have known all along is to macro Rune Strike to all of your offensive abilities. Boosts your threat up tremendously.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Kiyanis wrote:
While I know my post is probably later than most I figured I should at least have my poke at things. I'm a DW tank. Have been since I first turned 80, haven't looked back at all. It's a bit of a pain sometimes early on to keep your defense up, but once you get it down pat, it works out nicely. You do tend to suffer from lower threat than the 2h tankers, but I've come to enjoy the extra avoidance that it brings.
My Spec and Glyphs

One thing I would reccomend that I've recently come across that I'm sure others have known all along is to macro Rune Strike to all of your offensive abilities. Boosts your threat up tremendously.


This is a really great spec guys, I run something very similar and have no trouble keeping agg at all. The previous spec before this in the form post by another poster, is just terrible don't spec it!
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Talksick wrote:
i always love this question because obviously most players play differently than others. So the spec that'll work for you won't work for others. I myself played a blood tank until recently. Most of the players in higher level 10 and 25 man raids r geared way better than 5 man PUG's and will blow you off of threat charts. For this reason I switched to frost.

Now trust me I swore by blood up and down, but once I tryed and mastered frost it wasn't even close. I love the extra damage reduction which keeps me from ooming to much(taking big hits which allow less time to adjust to). The huge crit bonus' and howling blast are awesome for keeping threat also. Which is one of the hardest parts of DK tanking. All in all I love unbreakable armor in boss fights along with icebound fortitude. Here's my spec link check it out but build according to your playstyle.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... =Out+Casts


1. Don't spec Rune Tap guys, it's a complete waste of points. We have so much damage avoidance as DK's its just retarded to think we even need this. If you are specing for the extra healing, then you have poor freaking healers and I feel so very sorry for you.

2. Don't spec Death's Chill, it's also a waste of points and even more micromanagement that you really don't need, you are already managing a TON of cooldowns as is, we aren't easydins after all.

3. The Two-handing Tank spec is ok, but it just doesn't put out the threat as fast as 2 weapons (by fast I mean 2.6 or so, don't go lower in weapon speed than this) in 3.3. Try the 2 weapon fighting tanking now, it really is improved, I can see a remarkable difference in the amount of threat generated with 2 weapons over 2 handed spec.

Remember to spec +sta / dodge parry gems like a mad man, +def just isn't worth it, we get most of our tanking juice from just not taking any damage to begin with.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

drakesylvan wrote:

Talksick wrote:
i always love this question because obviously most players play differently than others. So the spec that'll work for you won't work for others. I myself played a blood tank until recently. Most of the players in higher level 10 and 25 man raids r geared way better than 5 man PUG's and will blow you off of threat charts. For this reason I switched to frost.

Now trust me I swore by blood up and down, but once I tryed and mastered frost it wasn't even close. I love the extra damage reduction which keeps me from ooming to much(taking big hits which allow less time to adjust to). The huge crit bonus' and howling blast are awesome for keeping threat also. Which is one of the hardest parts of DK tanking. All in all I love unbreakable armor in boss fights along with icebound fortitude. Here's my spec link check it out but build according to your playstyle.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... =Out+Casts


1. Don't spec Rune Tap guys, it's a complete waste of points. We have so much damage avoidance as DK's its just retarded to think we even need this. If you are specing for the extra healing, then you have poor freaking healers and I feel so very sorry for you.

2. Don't spec Death's Chill, it's also a waste of points and even more micromanagement that you really don't need, you are already managing a TON of cooldowns as is, we aren't easydins after all.

3. The Two-handing Tank spec is ok, but it just doesn't put out the threat as fast as 2 weapons (by fast I mean 2.6 or so, don't go lower in weapon speed than this) in 3.3. Try the 2 weapon fighting tanking now, it really is improved, I can see a remarkable difference in the amount of threat generated with 2 weapons over 2 handed spec.

Remember to spec +sta / dodge parry gems like a mad man, +def just isn't worth it, we get most of our tanking juice from just not taking any damage to begin with.

............OK THEN let me start off with, You do that in ICC i will Seriously think your retarded. well,except for #2, thats a good idea. +Sta/Dodge? -20% dodge and theyre bringing it back to Soak tanking. look at top geared to reg geared ICC raiders. Stam stackers. I stack 100% all stam except my nightmare tear for meta. What kind of Fail are you to Not spec into Runetap? Runetap hmm... Its a visual for me when i do a runetap for 24k. I like it. Its fun for me. it pleases me. Death strike hits heal me for 13k each. Bloodworms heal me for small 500s but at least i get light heals. Vamp blood increases my heals. Mark of Blood heals me for 5000-10k a hit. Trust me.....hes wrong to an extent. ICC Content=Stam stacking. dont be a retard.
Jump to :