view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Holy Light spamming, which is by many considered "the way to go" these days, relies heavily on stacking intellect..
So, +30 int ( http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27968 ) would be considered superior to the +63 SP one.

Is it possible to give it a greater score aswell?
I'm srry but i would rather take the SP. This is because I think ur giving up just to much SP for the little intellect u gain. If they made a wotlk version then it would definately be the best enchant.
One guy that shares my point of view: Protek, Holy Paladin of Ensidia:

Quote:
You chose the +30 intellect enchant on your mace over the +63 spell power enchant. Explain to our readers why you feel the +30 intellect is more valuable for a paladin.

My goal is to gain the best possible longevity for my mana pool. From my point of view it doesn’t matter if you have 300 spell power more or less on an encounter as a paladin. Every bit of additional mana regen also allows the paladin to use their divine plea less and make the glyph of holy light more viable. It is better to have someone keeping a steady HPS on their respective targets instead of a meleeing holy paladin who stop casts every second holy light and uses plea more often with less profit, remember that this decision is based on the fact that you are making use of the glyph of holy light. Of course every player can choose for themselves on what to use, it also depends on the play style of the individual.

Source: http://worldofraids.com/news/892-player ... sidia.html
I was thinking alot bout this enchant, the best Holy Paladin on my server uses it, but myself I'm not convinced IF it's usefull in FoL Spam build, right now I have 32.5k mana unbuffed and altough I would like to have over 40k raid buffed I do think 63 can be more usefull for FoL Spam.

Zabad wrote:
I'm srry but i would rather take the SP. This is because I think ur giving up just to much SP for the little intellect u gain. If they made a wotlk version then it would definately be the best enchant.

Sry to rez a old tread, but this is still rated low, and it would be nice for someone to look into.

I use this enchant, it has boosted my mp pool by 1k mana, so about 2~3 holy lights, but the reason that 63 SP isn't going to be any good due to the fact that we overheal so much that our mana pool is what we need to raise, that and the return of plea goes off our int.

shimba wrote:
Holy Light spamming, which is by many considered "the way to go" these days, relies heavily on stacking intellect..
So, +30 int ( http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27968 ) would be considered superior to the +63 SP one.

I too would like to see this enchant gear a +15 enchant score. I use a HL build and have to keep +63 sp on my main hand as my guildies believe that is THE enchant to use due to the +30 intellect getting such a lower score.

shimba wrote:

They are both very similar for a weapon enchant, well for me at least. But Protek points are very valid, it all depend on what you feel you need most, 1-3 HL would not change my usage of DP by much at the moment.

If you want to change a gearscore I would recommend changing Libram of renewal first ;)
I currently have the SP enchant, but I will be changing. I think it depends on which tool is your preference of choice. FOL spammers should stack SP to the heavens while HL spammers should always choose intel. I am also just vain enough to want to see 40k mana buffed up in a raid, and that chant will get me there and then some. ha!
I think that the 63 spellpower is the best choice. The reason I think this is because of the fact that holy light does use mana, but it is more mana efficient if you spam flash of light the cast time is faster and you will heal more for less mana.

brudoxx wrote:
I think that the 63 spellpower is the best choice. The reason I think this is because of the fact that holy light does use mana, but it is more mana efficient if you spam flash of light the cast time is faster and you will heal more for less mana.

For FOL build, the 63 SP is definitely the best enchant because you will need all the help you can get keeping a tank alive with your small heal. Personally, I have a weapon with 63SP and another with 30INT that I swap out on a fight by fight basis depending on what I need. For those that don't have that luxury, it all comes down to healing style. FOL needs a metric crap ton of SP to be effective. HL needs a metric crap ton of INT to get the most out of Divine Plea. As for the comment quoted above, I will only say this.

If you have the proper amount of haste, Holy Light should roll off about 1.2 seconds MAX. Obviously, this is after the haste buff from judging and then casting HL reducing the cast time of the next HL. Using Libram of Renewal (which HL spec basically requires) the mana cost of the spell is 1161 compared to 374 for FOL. So HL costs 3 times more mana but heals for almost 7 times as much tool tip to tool tip. Properly glyphed, you're also splash healing for 10% to sorrounding parties. "Healing for more for less mana" is not mathematically possible due to the fact that FOL can't avoid the GCD, and managed correctly, your HL is casting for only a fraction of a second more.

Maybe you can help me understand your math, because I would love to be able to keep a tank alive on Hard Mode LK with FOL spam.
Jump to :