view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
i'm looking for a good arms warrior rotation any tips please?
The best rotation is one that you make yourself, there is only so much someone can tell you. Eventually you'll get your own rhythm and and such - but here are some helpful tips.
Most warriors say that Axes or Pole arms are crucial for arms, the 5% crit helps the dps by a significant amount, saying that, the axe from H ToC (5 Man) would probably be your best bet if your guild isn't very progressed.
For your rotation start off with a charge, immediately hit Rend, make sure that is up at all times hit mortal strike when it is up as well, other than that it is a waiting game for cooldowns and procs; your entire DPS will depend on execute procs, rage regeneration, and especially ALWAYS hit overpower when it is up, that is your first priority move - your dps can differ from another warriors just because he hit overpower more times that you did.
If you do not wish to download a DOT timer for your rend, just make sure that you watch over your debuff or look at some floating combat text carefully.
Hope this helps out,
-Wangsta
another thing i do is spam slam like crazy it fills in the area so u dont have to wait on cool downs and procs and keeps your dps constantly going and with improved slam it cuts the cast time to .5 sec but here is the rotation i use

charge
rend
MS
OP and execute as they proc
bladestorm when needed
always keep rend refreshed and op and execute are more important than ms so dont waste a proc to use ms cause its on cool down and spam execute when less than 20%

good luck :)
as far as arms go Heroic Strike IS NOT your friend, it just drains too much rage...

I use Rend first then rotate Slam, Execute and Mortal Strike.

if your 3/3 in Taste for Blood and whatever the execute talent is in arms that activates Execute while not under a certain amount of HP.

If you can avoid Bladestorm, it is an agro steal. Avoid using it unless your certain the tank can hold the agro.

Jessicamnm wrote:
as far as arms go Heroic Strike IS NOT your friend, it just drains too much rage...

This is absolutely NOT true. You just have to learn how to manage HS/cleave in your rotation.

First, understand the role of rend. It allows frequent use of overpower, which is more or less a free instant crit. The second thing that you need to understand is that arms dpsers don't work on a standard 'wash, rinse, repeat' style rotation since many of their attacks are situational. For instance, rend, OP, and excecute are in the rotation, but you only reapply rend when it's about to fall off, and you only use OP and excecute when they are available. In fact, the only special in your rotation that doesn't have a qualifier is MS.

Arms warriors are capable of generating huge chunks of rage, especially with a high crit% and the endless rage talent. Any time you see your rage get to 70 or above, it is time to HS(if you are fighting a single target) or cleave(if fighting multiple targets). Since these attacks do not use the global cool down (instead, they replace your melee swing) you can actually 'queue' them up while continuing to MS, overpower, etc.. If you don't use them at all, your rage will constantly be at around 60-100. This is wasteful...if you have 85 rage and get a melee crit for say, 5k, that would normally end up giving you over 50 rage. Since you are capped at 100, you are effectively 'throwing away' 35+ rage.

My personal rotation is charge, rend, victory rush(if available), MS, overpower(if available), excecute(if available). I pepper in cleave or HS as soon as my rage hits 70 or above. Once you have been engaged for a while, you will find that you are knocking at 70+ rage almost constantly, so you will be cleaving all the time. A cleave crit on a well geared arms warrior will create an instant 12-14k damage (18-20k if glyphed) and will make your dps ridiculous against raid trash. I also use sweeping strikes in any multiple target situation. If you glyph SS, you can even tap it right before you charge and you will hitting multiple targets as soon as you start attacking. If your tank has been engaging the mob group for a significant time, you can throw in a bladestorm. Don't use it too early though...if he doesn't have significant threat generated, you will pull aggro.

I don't use slam at all. The cast bar and loss of mobility annoy me, but if you can time it out correctly and make it work for you, it can be effective.

Against single targets (including most bosses) use HS instead. While not as jaw dropping damagewise as cleave, it will give a significant dps boost as it does more that your melee attack and doesn't interrupt your rotation at all.

People will tell you I'm wrong, I'm sure...but with a 2800gs, I am doing about 5000-5500 dps in 5 man heroics. I ran ICC 25 for the first time on sunday night in a pug. We beat the first 4 bosses, and my overall dps was over 9k. I was easily the top melee dpser, and 4th overall. My Glyphs are SS, cleave, and MS.
Jump to :