1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=17&t=147&sid=d1a7af6857b17c8015d0c4b807ee8b4a&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
When equipping a staff, several characters in my guild have noticed extreme jumps in points compared to a one-handed weapon and an off-hand. I tested it by equipping a staff, and shot up well over 100 points! My main-hand/off-hand combination is much better than the staff, and should be worth more. Other people in the guild have tried the same thing, and are gaining an inordinate amount of points by switching to sub-quality staves.
It appears it is giving double points for staves, or close to it. I realize a staff takes up two hands, but it should not be worth twice as much as a one-hand and off-hand combo.
No responses to this?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry for late reply, it should be (very roughly) something like this:

If you have Brutal Gladiator's Decapitator which has ilvl 154 and its a 2H weapon, you get 154 * 2 = 308 points

If you have Brutal Gladiator's Cleaver and Brutal Gladiator's Chopper, which are 1H weapons and they both have ilvl 154 you get 154+154 = 308 points again. So it shouldn't matter if you are wearing 2H or 1H.

If this is not the case, please post your guild name and characters involved, and I'll take a look and fix it ofc :)
That is definitely not the case. Characters wearing staves are being given a huge amount of points. If I equip a staff over my one-hand and off-hand, my points skyrocket to the top of the guild list.

For a comparison:

Llane Server - Horde
Defenders of Quelthalas Guild
Compare Silarius with Akwiredtaste, both holy priests. Akwiredtaste is given Sunwell-level points due to carrying a staff.
Site Admin
Site Admin
checking it atm, I'll post findings here, thnx

Caldrumr wrote:
That is definitely not the case. Characters wearing staves are being given a huge amount of points. If I equip a staff over my one-hand and off-hand, my points skyrocket to the top of the guild list.

For a comparison:

Llane Server - Horde
Defenders of Quelthalas Guild
Compare Silarius with Akwiredtaste, both holy priests. Akwiredtaste is given Sunwell-level points due to carrying a staff.

Thank you. I can also give more detailed information if it helps.

Redrayne, also from the same server and guild, had 732 points while using the healing mace from badges and the healing shield from Karazhan. These items are worth 146 and 115 points, respectively. This adds up to a total of 261 points. In addition, there is a ten point bonus for the +81 healing enchant to weapon, making this 271.

She equipped the DPS staff from Zul'Aman, unenchanted and ungemmed. This item is worth 132 points. So, in theory, she should get 264 points out of this, with no enchant. Thus, she should have gone down seven points.

However, when she equipped the staff, her points went from 732 to a staggering 858, declaring her ready for Sunwell Plateau! (Which she is not).
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've found the error, thanks a lot for reporting this. The problem was in cache, it's fixed now. Sorry about this :blush:
Just take 1 live update to fix it right away. In the meantime, I'll make auto-fix for all cached chars, but it might take some time to update everyone.
Thank you. It appears to be working correctly. We really appreciate you taking the time to fix this, and to do all you do for this site. We use it extensively for our guild, and it is one of the most helpful sites out there! Now if you can just get Blizzard to give my Primal Mooncloth gear more points, I'll be happy! LOL. Thanks again. :grin:
I'm not sure if this was over corrected or is just broke again. My guild mate is getting 146 points for each of his weapons (MH, OH) for a total of 392 points. I get an unimpressive 100 points for my 2H Earthwarden. I've done live updates and the data is the same. Doens't seem right or like an accurate rating.

for comparison
US Shu'Halo Landis
US Shu'Halo Kabuki
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm not sure if this was over corrected or is just broke again. My guild mate is getting 146 points for each of his weapons (MH, OH) for a total of 392 points. I get an unimpressive 100 points for my 2H Earthwarden. I've done live updates and the data is the same. Doens't seem right or like an accurate rating.

You get unimpressive 100 x 2 = 200 points (I posted a few times that 2H weapons get double amount of points, because you can't wear off-hand) for Earthwarden, because, well, Earthwarden is unimpressive. It's a nice start but it can't be compared with Vanir's Right Fist of Brutality + Vanir's Left Fist of Brutality, which are equal to BT/MH weapons.

To sum it all up, I think 200 points for you and 292 for your friend sounds fair enough :)
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=17&t=147&sid=d1a7af6857b17c8015d0c4b807ee8b4a&start=10
Jump to :