Previous 1 . 2
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
How do you guys get that much dps? I currently have BM and MM (dual spec'd) but I can't seem to get my dps above 1k. Can you help me out?

Llytha wrote:
How do you guys get that much dps? I currently have BM and MM (dual spec'd) but I can't seem to get my dps above 1k. Can you help me out?

First u need to check your gear...u got way too much stamina goin on, get that from elixers & buffs etc. main focus of gear should be agility/ap & enchant your gear w/such. Also re-spec ...a BM spec is not going to earn u dps.

Llytha wrote:

The DPS they are pulling is with gear much higher than what you have currently. Additionally, you won't pull anything close to that as a BM spec. Switch to Survival until you get several T8 or T9 pieces and then you can evaluate whether to switch to Marksmanship. With your current gear setup, you need to run heroics for a couple weeks and then start running raids. Naxx is a good place for several items. Vault, OS, and EoE all have items you will want as well. When all your items are iLevel 200+, you'll be able to run Ulduar and ToC for even better items.

Also, disregard the first few posts in this thread about shot rotation. Since 3.1, shots have moved to a priority system instead of a rotation system.

Survival Priority:
Kill Shot
Black Arrow
Explosive Shot
Aimed Shot
Serpent Sting
Steady Shot

Marksmanship Priority*:
Kill Shot
Chimera Shot**
Aimed Shot
Arcane Shot***
Steady Shot

* Macro Silencing shot to fire with all of these shots. It has a 20 CD, but is not on the GCD, so it can fire along with any of these shots to give extra DPS (and silence a target) whenever it is off CD.
** Open with Serpent Sting when starting a reasonably long fight and Chimera will refresh it after that.
*** Some top DPS MM hunters prefer not to use Arcane. DPS works out to be about the same either way, but some find they run out of mana faster when using Arcane.
Not sure how all you SV hunter's are speccing but if you ask me a surv hunter's rotation should look like this:

Black Arrow
Serpent sting
Explosive Shot
Aimed Shot
Steady Shot
Explosive Shot
Steady Shot
Aimed Shot

When LaL procs:

Explosive Shot
Aimed Shot (if it isnt CD if it is Steady)
Explosive Shot
Aimed Shot (if it isnt CD if it is Steady)
Explosive shot

I'm pulling around 5.3k dps with only Aspect of the Dragonhawk up on Heroic Dummies
in 25 raids can get around 7-8k.

The reason I'd suggest Black Arrow followed by a Serpent Sting is if you spec'd like me, Black Arrow gives you 6% increased damage and if Serpent Sting is up you get another 3% inceased damage, rather then leaving it till last, you'll find your doing more dps with it up ASAP if you got 2 pieces of Tier 9 you can crit with Serpent Sting making it hit for (low) 2k (high)3k for a DoT that is pretty big.
I agree that Serpent Sting should be higher up in your shot rotation. In my opinion, SS should come before anything if you're specced into Noxious Stings. Here's my shot rotation:

Serpent Sting
Black Arrow
Explosive
Multi
Steady
Steady

Rinse and repeat, being sure to keep SS up at all times.

L&L:
Explosive
.5 sec
Explosive
.5 sec
Explosive

It's a little better (not to mention more mana efficient) to just wait the .5 sec after the GCD to shoot your next Explosive shot than to fill it in with something else, imo.
check this site M8, helped me heaps

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/guides/

peace

trix
Ok for the person who tell you not use Aim shot has no ideal that talent give you 3% More Damage on next shot in Rotation i like to use this combo in MM

"Killshot" ( 20% left life )
"Seperant Sting" ( one time apply to target chimera will keep it on! )
"Aim Shot"
"Chimera Shot" "More the Armor Pen. better this does damage!
"Arcane shot!"
"steady shot" ( If you got the 640 armor pen Cap'ed this moves up over arcane shot! )

As for Survival you want use an Aim Shot before a kill shot! big Damage or Steady Shot! Timing is everything remember you want to cap Haste in Survival. Armor Pen. isn't important!

"Killshot"
"Explosive Shot"
"Black Arrow"
"Aim Shot"
"Steady Shot"
"Serpent Sting"
( Hit from Top Down what ever is up first in that order! )

As for professions i find as SuV your best Profession is Engineer with Hyper Asselartor tinkering! with either JC or LW best 2nd profession. As MM JC and BS is the best! and for Race
Troll best SuV and Orc Best MM or BM!
It has cost me alot of gold and respecing to figure this out (10k gold min) Just experimenting. IF you want maxx dps you need to use my spec as sv. FYI there are DIMINISHISHING returns on agility!!!! AS I have had 2450 agility and do more dps with the 2050 I now have. YOU WILL NOT READ THIS ANYWHERE ELSE!!!! SV with high end gear needs 700 arp do not go over 2050 agil. THIS is for 25 man raid buffed as if you go too high on agil you WILL have TOO much agil and do LESS dps. After you have your agil up and arp to 700 stack haste till your steady shot is 1.5 secs then stack ap or intel or crit depending on if your needs.

EG. stack intel if your mana pool is running out on long fights. Ap or crit if you just want to blow something up fast. Imo ap would be better as our crit at this point our crit that more would not help as much. When I proc everything that gives me crit and raid buffed I am at 75% crit so with that much crit ap should give you more then trying to maxx out crit.

The reason that you cannot trust speadsheets for dps in raids is that they do not take into account diminishing returns that bosss will give yes you can get more dps unbuffed and self buffed but I take into account everything buffs and diminishing returns while in a raid. It is not about how much dps you pull on a target dummy it is how much you pull while in a raid that counts. My spec is for single target dps if you want a NAXX aoe spec look else where.

MAXX dps single target for me was 9.5k dps in a 5 man heroic where the dk that was with me gave me hysteria. I popped rapid fire and a 500 haste potion. In 25 man raids ICC I have pulled 9k on the big trash guys. Having an MM hunter in group for the true shot buff is part of my dps and rockets me over any mm hunter as I use them to beat them.... lol (Would like to see what I would pull with Pally for might, 8% budget kings, shammy for bl and str of the earth, windfury totems, dk for hysteria mm hunter for 10 percent damage buff, budget motw with 500 haste potion rapid fire food buff for me and pet and endless rage)

If you want to be top dps on all single target pulls use my spec from Lanzandon on the server Laughing skull, have BS and JC for trades use one handers with agil on them. Follow what I have written here and you will pown charts all the time. Rotation is yers to figure out as that is the easy part. I beat others with more gear!!!

Lanzandon
I had issues like this,

i eventually went with a 0/20/51 spec, i have both black arrow and aimed shot along with explosive shot, i dont use arcane because it shares cd with explosive and throws more threat around from what ive seen. My base damage is 1200-1541 but i also have a 33% crit and land about 2.5 to as high as 12k crits with kill shot.

roll is:

Explosive
aimed
black arrow
kill
serpent
volley
concusive (never really use it )

i save black arrow mostly for bosses because of its cool down and wait till about half their health is gone before i apply it, then when kill is avail i use both aimed and black then kill, thats how i hit the 12k crits. =) gears still a work in progress but u dont need t9 epics to do decent damage.
I have improved my dps to now 2.5k I know this is still low and not the cut for dps. SO how would you reccomend me getting it to the 5k hit cap? Any tips would be great! You can look up my char. and maybe see what I should keep improving on too.

Deathlight
Misha
US
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :