view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
since you kids can't seem to post a prot pally build without using reckoning, I'll show you how it's done.

this is the base build 0/53/6

for more threat, put points into seals of the pure,
for more survivability put points into divinity,
for more utility put points into DS/DG or Pursuit of Justice,
for more mana put points into spiritual attunement.

this is my build as you can see i did my build more for threat than survivability as I'm very geared and so are my healers. I'm thinking of speccing out of running into seals of the pure though

a semi-perma link for if i change specs later
Dem
This is a great all-round spec and I use it myself, would certainly recommend it.

Your gear is certainly ok, although not the best obviously. I'd say think hard about speccing out of Pursuit of Justice though. It's a contentious issue, but it gives you the edge in picking up mobs.

The survivabilty increase of Divinity is currently arguable due to the amount of overhealing done. With geared healers, it's simply not needed. Think about speccing into more threat as the scaling of dps with new gear starts to catch up with your threat.

Divine Guardian has great utility in many fights. I use this in main spec and improved Hammer of Justice in alt tank spec for fights like Faction champions. Imp HoJ is often overlooked but represents excellent damage mitigation in any fight where mobs are stunnable and interrupts where needed - Anub adds for instance.

Spiritual Attunement 2/2 isn't needed anywhere except Vezax or any fights which you vastly overgear. Very situational at best.

Seals of the Pure is ok for threat, but it's difficult to get there without losing Crusade (which is generally better for threat) or core tanking talents. If you vastly over gear content then go for it, but otherwise the linked spec with situational changes is a great all round spec.

That's all for now, 'kids'.
This is my build. I is a TPS build and works very well for any kind of tanking you will ever do. I never have anyone pull off me so DPS can go all out from the start.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Blackwing+Lair&cn=Zapherik&gn=WolfPack
With all due respect, any prot build that doesn't have BOTH Judgements of the Just and Vindication is an awful prot build.

I repeat, an AWFUL build.

Judgements of the Just works on bosses and is the most powerful boss debuff available to a tank.

Vindication also works on bosses and is incredibly powerful. I'd never expect a dps to spec into it or assume that I have another tank putting an improved demo shout on the boss.

You sacrificed Vindication for 2 percent crit. Seriously. Two percent crit...

gimper wrote:
since you kids can't seem to post a prot pally build without using reckoning, I'll show you how it's done.

this is the base build 0/53/6

for more threat, put points into seals of the pure,
for more survivability put points into divinity,
for more utility put points into DS/DG or Pursuit of Justice,
for more mana put points into spiritual attunement.

this is my build as you can see i did my build more for threat than survivability as I'm very geared and so are my healers. I'm thinking of speccing out of running into seals of the pure though

a semi-perma link for if i change specs later

This is actually a really good spec. My compliments.

I, personally, prefer this spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZV0tAbuMGsIufdxfM:kpNzcm

But, to be honest, both are viable, as are

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbugGsIufdxfM:kpNzcm

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMh0c:kpNzcm

it all has to do with play style, for a greater or lesser extent. SotP, Crusade, and Reckoning all give approximately (within a couple percentage points) the same amount of threat. With mobs of the type listed in Crusade, it edges the others out a bit more, but speccing into it, you lose 1 point in SA and that makes tanking anything other than cutting edge content more difficult on your mana.

Enkidu wrote:
With all due respect, any prot build that doesn't have BOTH Judgements of the Just and Vindication is an awful prot build.

I repeat, an AWFUL build.

Judgements of the Just works on bosses and is the most powerful boss debuff available to a tank.

Vindication also works on bosses and is incredibly powerful. I'd never expect a dps to spec into it or assume that I have another tank putting an improved demo shout on the boss.

You sacrificed Vindication for 2 percent crit. Seriously. Two percent crit...

Actually he's not wrong, Vindication does only apply a Debuff that reduce AP, nothing more. That 2% crit is a help on the threat. how much Crit Rating is 2%? it's not that bad.

Here is my build. Understand that many spec is acceptable. I have an Auradin as DPS OS
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Lepaladin&gn=Elemental+Knights

Anyway, different build also depend of the gaming style of the person. For example, my rogue is combat, even if I know Mutilate is better, it's just that I'm not comfortable with Mutilate, and still I'm doing 4k DPS in raid with 2.2K WoW-Heroes GS as a combat specced rogue
Yew
Have fun sitting in those 10 second stuns?

Stoicism over anything else, tbh.
Jump to :