Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=1592b1376f3166817f0918ddd16b9e3c&start=40
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
There is no such option available at the moment (for only 1 character). If you just need basic character info, you can fetch it directly from Armory.
is there a way to do this through guild launch

crushzilla wrote:
It would be nice to have the "spec" part available on that new resource as the old one also had it (and I actually use it ;))

Any chance on getting that in there?

I've rewritten my class to use this new xml source, if anyone needs a headstart using it using php feel free to grab it from here:
http://christiaan.baartse.nl/Wowheroes.phps

i tried using that provided script and came to no prevail with it, does anyone at all have a working script available to parse this info newly provided from wow-heroes ?
I was successful in using that Wowheroes.php script. I did have to make a small change to it and use str_replace(' ',%20,$guild) on the realm/guild names being sent to the requestXml() function to make the url more web friendly. I was getting intermittent errors about "invalid XML" before.
For ASP.Net users, I have created LibWowHeroes. This gives a simple way to get and parse the XmlGuild file.
Thank you, I'm going to try it out with linq...
Thanks a bunch!

:)
It appears that the service is currently down. Also, just curious, but I've written a Joomla Component to grab, cache, and display the guild roster using the information wow-heroes. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?
Okay I have the xml and I have an xml editor. I have never had any experience with this sort of thing. Could someone please give me step by step instructions for integrating thi onto our guild site?

Also, does it automatically update or will I need to update it manually on occasion?
Okay I downloaded that php thing and I can't get it working. Do you have instructions or a read me file on how to set it up and get it working?

Or can someone please explain to me how to turn the xml into html? I have downloaded an xml editor and I have tried to turn it into html but I'm afraid this is just a bit beyond me. LOL Any direction to get me on my path would be most appreciated.

crushzilla wrote:
Which brings me to a question for Alex tough, would it be possible to implement JSONP aswell? So that you can show a guildlisting with just javascript, no serverside code involved?

I have tried for many days now to get it to work, I'm afraid I have a lot to learn about xml. This suggestion would be most beneficial. Now that you guys are back from vacation, is this in the works? ^_^ I'd love you guys forever if it was! I have a free-standing guild site that I created and I'd really love to not have to build our roster from scratch. ><
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=1592b1376f3166817f0918ddd16b9e3c&start=40
Jump to :