1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=636&sid=4b62a6c728f9f92a2bc9901f86446631&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I've heard that since WotLK druid tanks are becoming, well, obsolete...

i was wandering since i was a tank in the BC should i stay tank? is that good anymore?
As a druid tank I've tanked almost every heroic and 10 & 25 man Naxx with no problems. So I'd say no we aren't becoming obsolete and with the new Savage Defense ability coming soon we'll be even better!!

Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
I'm the main tank for my guild and we have cleared every 10 & 25man, and are working on OS+2. I have not had any problem tanking & it could be argued with heroics & LW, a druid is easier to prepair for wolk raiding than most tanks, given the auto- def cap via talents, allowing focus on the survival stats sooner than our plate counter-parts.
My guild has moved are druid into tanking naxx-10 and she is in mostly blues, but has np keeping aggro or dieing. i know druid tanks need to be buffed but they do just fine
in my guild we havn't got much tanks but i've decided becoming a tank but i don't hav enough hp for HC's and stuff so first i'll gear up :)
what are requirements and best build for druid tanking?
stats are a personal choice me i find that the agil stam combo found on most leather to work very well with my druid tank. i have 27k in feral form with 30 something % on dodge and crit. makes tanking pretty easy :P
im a full time druid tank, please feel free to visit my armory and check my gear out for hints and tips.

my health is 30607 unbuffed without bear form...with bear form gets me to about 38.5k

10man buffs get me to 46k (63k with S.I)

25man buffs can push me close to 48kish

dont lose faith in the bears...we may be rare, but we can outtank most others...long live druids
As druid healer / tank myself I can't understand druid tanks who only stack stamina and only speak about their hp.
Much hp doesn't mean anything when you loose it fast.

I've had hard times healing druid tanks with a lot of hp. They loose health pretty fast and I needed to spam heals to fill it all. I rather see a tank who has invested in avoidance.

Asmael wrote:
As druid healer / tank myself I can't understand druid tanks who only stack stamina and only speak about their hp.
Much hp doesn't mean anything when you loose it fast.

I've had hard times healing druid tanks with a lot of hp. They loose health pretty fast and I needed to spam heals to fill it all. I rather see a tank who has invested in avoidance.

There are advantages to prioritizing stamina over avoidance, but I believe that at least in part it is done to impress people. When a non-tank looks at you, he sees your HP. Chances are, that is the only stat that he'll give a second look. I've already seen under-geared tanks allowed to MT because of their high HP value, although the healers could barely keep them up.

I am unsure to what extent that applies to bears though.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=636&sid=4b62a6c728f9f92a2bc9901f86446631&start=10
Jump to :