view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I wanted to point out a couple things regarding gear ranks that i have found that are not balanced well. The major issue are the ranks provide to main hand and off hand items. For druid tanks there are ZERO items that are main/oh for tanking. All weapons for druid tanks are staffs, EW, Wildfury, ect...

The total score on a toon is compiled based on all the items scored added up and then put against some multiplier as i can figure it. Comparing this data to tools such as RAWR i found the following looking at myself and another tank in my guild geared well.

Deathsclaw = Total Mitigation 81.77% Damage Taken = 18.22% 16374 HP - WOW Heroes NOT cleared for BT/MH

Zatch (Prot War) = Total Mitigation 80.29% Damage Taken 19.70% 15124 HP - WOW Heroes cleared for BT/MH

The main difference is main hand / off hand scores. Adding all items up based on item score NOT counting main hand or off hand Deathsclaw has a score of 1825, Zatch has a score of 1824. Put those weapons on there and thus the difference but looking at the mechanics of it in RAWR deathsclaw has more mitigation, lower damage taken and more HP.

In short, WOW-Heroes needs to account for Two Handed weapons a little better. The EW getting a score of 100 is way too low seeing that it's a two handed weapon and also in the top 5 tank weapons for a druid in the game currently. Please let me know if you feel im in error here. I have spent a lot of time reviewing this over the last two days. Our guild (which i am an officer of) uses wow-heroes for gear checks and our druids, me included, are not getting a fair shake. Granted this is just an estimate on these rank sites.

[ Last edited by deathsclaw on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total. ]

Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Something seemed to happen to the scoring system here over the last 2 weeks again. Once again my gear ranks seem to be suffering but yet the mechanics of the game show me otherwise.

Using systems such as RAWR i see my druid has more HP, More dodge, more total mitigation, lower damage taken but yet my score is lower than a prot warrior with lesser stats.

I was scored at a 705 for weeks, then without changing any gear, enchants or anything i dropped to 659. It is just a reference i suppose but i hate being ranked 2nd best when in fact its not true. Could someone take a look at whats up with the ranking and how/why did they change over the last couple weeks?

Deathsclaw - Druid Tank
Zatch - Prot Warrior
Site Admin
Site Admin
Please post your zone and realm name so I can check it out :)
Deathsclaw - Medivh - US
I hate to bring this issue back up , but it seems that it hasnt been fixed.

I have a 2h weapon. since there is no weapon in my offhand slot i loose points.

for example 3 weapons from naxx

Sonic Spear- +90 agl, +79 sta. +68 crit, +45 haste, +126 ap = 200 pts

vs 2

Torment of the banished - +27 agl (+54 agl), +39 sta (+78 sta), +26 crit (+52 crit), +22 haste (+44 haste), +76 ap (+152 ap) = 200 pts (400pts)

as you see the spear has better stats then both swords combined.

thanks
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
That is fixed long time ago ,all 2h weapon have double score (numbers that you see beside items are just item levels) if you dont have anything in off hand :)
Jump to :