view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Well, i was wondering...

if there are no +intellect on weapon at level 80, would you rate this enchant higher? coz I still think its usefull and I'm using it atm. It's just because 70 enchant is not a valid argument I guess...
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Score is changed to 8.
While I appreciate this enchant receiving at least some score, I don't think it makes a lot of sense.

With all the information and debate floating around about Holy Paladins, much of it overflowing into DPS and tanking discussion (Ghostcrawler used to and sometimes still does reference Paladin Int stacking a lot), I would think this enchant would receive a 15 score alongside the +63 Spell power enchant.

30 Intellect is one way of gearing your Holy Paladin, and many Paladins even shun the 63 SP enchant, suggesting it's useless. Obviously it's not useless, as there are builds that can use it wonderfully, but the regen stacking Paladin will always go for the 30 Intellect enchant.

I don't know if the website distinguishes between classes like it does tank vs DPS for Death Knights, but if so, I would suggest this enchant be rated 15 for Holy Paladin, something similar or slightly less for Disc Priest, and the current 8 for other casters.
Site Admin
Site Admin
We are very aware of the importance of Int for Holy Paladins, however we have just not found any suitable proof that 30 int warrants a score rating of 15, however we have found proof that 63 spellpower is a more beneficial enchant.
Using a standard Holy Paladin template on lootrank shows a score of:
Mighty Spellpower - 142.38
Major Intelligence - 67.5
Rawr - the number crunching program also lists Mighty spellpower above Major Int in both burst and prolonged healing simulations by a value of over 20% in the standard model we tested.
Also, a quick check through the paladins of some of the top guilds and I couldn't find one that used 30 int over the spellpower enchant. The main problem is, that even though Int is incredibly useful for holy paladins, this is a BC enchant and its itemization reflects that, if Blizz release a new LK version of this enchant, I'm sure it will easily be the top.

Anyway, if you find some interesting article or some theorycrafting to backup your statement, that would be great but for now we have to score it according to the credible research we have found, and yes we do put a great deal of time and effort considering all enchants on every class and spec.
Jump to :