XML/SOAP/WebServices Export

Suggestions and requests for new features
crushzilla

Re: XML/SOAP/WebServices Export

Post#21 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:03 pm

It would be nice to have the "spec" part available on that new resource as the old one also had it (and I actually use it ;))

Any chance on getting that in there?

I've rewritten my class to use this new xml source, if anyone needs a headstart using it using php feel free to grab it from here:
http://christiaan.baartse.nl/Wowheroes.phps

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#22 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Done :friends:

We have added specId, specName and guildRank

Thanks for sharing your class, I'm sure lots of people will find it very useful (I didn't get the chance to take a look at it, but if it works for you, it will work for everyone else I'm sure)

crushzilla

Post#23 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Omg even guild rank.. I might even consider ditching the sync script I wrote for the armory then ^^
Nice to know I can use just Wowheroes for guild ranks now then and just keep Armory as backup.

Updated the class to reflect these changes as well.

Ps. Damn ur fast in responding :yahoo:

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#24 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:02 pm

hehe, thanks, I'm glad you liked it ;)

Ihadurca

Post#25 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Maybe it's just me, but only a bunch of jumble pops up showing me the xml data when I click on that link. I won't deny, I'm new to the xml thing and my knowledge is limited at best. How do I implement this into our guild site?

crushzilla

Post#26 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Ihadurca wrote:Maybe it's just me, but only a bunch of jumble pops up showing me the xml data when I click on that link. I won't deny, I'm new to the xml thing and my knowledge is limited at best. How do I implement this into our guild site?

If you want to make it into something useful you'll have to parse the XML with a programming language and turn it into HTML that a web browser can read.

Which brings me to a question for Alex tough, would it be possible to implement JSONP aswell? So that you can show a guildlisting with just javascript, no serverside code involved?

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#27 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

Milagros and I are on vacation, we'll see what we can do when we get back home :)

Ihadurca

Post#28 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:03 am

Does anyone have one of these working on one of their guild sites? I'd like to see what it looks like once done up. Thanks!

crushzilla

Post#29 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 am

I use it here http://mysth.baartse.nl/crushraid (yeah we sort of disbanded thats why almost everyone is flagged as not in guild)
But it basically looks like how you want it to look like.. its just a way to retrieve a list of people and gearscores.

However if Alex and Milagros implement JSONP I could create a javascript widget you can just copy paste on your guildwebsite.

catzero

Post#30 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Is there any way a same XML webservice will be made for only 1 character?
Something like:
http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Eonar&name=catzero

where you have to supply the zone, server and name?

Thank you in advanced!

Return to “Suggestions”