view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hey, I recently acquired a new belt - Girdle of the Frozen Reach from 10man ToC and its ilvl is 232. I went down from a total gear score of 2447 to 2441 and my previous belt was the Plate Girdle of Righteousness (ilvl226 - crafted).

I read a few other posts talking about yea some stats make it a little better so some 219's are equal to 213's etc etc. But with this belt replacing the mega 2skt+1 crafted belt I only lost 19 sp and some mp5 but I gained crit haste stam and int.

Maybe it wasn't looked into yet so I was just throwing it out there ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Your previous belt is still superior to new one :
Plate Girdle of Righteousness
Girdle of the Frozen Reach
With 2 more gems from Plate Girdle of Righteousness you can get any stats you need.
You do understand without the 2 sockets it's almost nothing. I stacked SP on the belt and still only lost 19 sp as stated b4 but i gained a bunch more. As a holy pally I still think the new belt from 10man toc is better. Any other holy pallys want to input on this one?
I agree and made a post about it. Because gems are calculated AFTER the overall item score, then we end up having items from an inferior level rated higher just because they are socketed.

This is wrong/unrelfective of game progression, especially for the extra socket profession.
That and the belt itself with it's only 1 socket availability is still overall better than the crafted 226 belt.

Stats gained/lost: (ilvl226 belt - 23sp, 23sp, 12sp-5mp5) (ilvl323 belt - 23sp) << gem sockets.

GAIN - 230 health
GAIN - 66 mana
lose - 33 mana regen.
GAIN - 1.01% spell crit
GAIN - 0.85% spell haste
lose - 17.1 sp

I mean, it should be blatant as to which belt is actually more superior than the other. You're not going to see any holy pally that comes across this belt thinking twice about it.
Bump for reply.
Jump to :