view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hi,

I was trying to find two friends: Khellendrøs and Cybërelf, both from Warsong-US, and the system doesn't seem to recognise their special chars in name.

Thanks for your attention!
Site Admin
Site Admin
Fixed, thanks for report :)

Alex wrote:

I beg to differ ;)
I'm having difficulties with my character, both on my char page and on my guild page as well.
Replication data:
Character name: Úrsus
Guild name: Yggdrasill
Server: Drak'thul - EU

When searching for my character right after the update didn't find him. Old search worked though.
Now it "works"... Didn't at first, then it finds an Úrsus (which is a feral druid) and displays all the related stuff, then it shows an Ursus (not the lak of ' over the U) who is a dwarf warrior and not related to my guild in any way.
Last time I checked the page found Ursus, the warrior and placed him in my guild using my gear...

Not sure how he'll handle that, knowing how dwarfs are
Site Admin
Site Admin
ah lol, sorry, this was a strange case: I used some function to capitalize first letter of each char name, and it seems its bugging for "special characters". I'll fix it asap.
It should be working fine when character name is starting with regular English alphabet letter.
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm gonna have to pay some closer attention to these special chars. It will be fixed in the next few days
This is Elyàs from the Tanaris US server... I don't show up on here. I get that special chars can make real weird problems in the coding.
I'm still having a similar problem with Médea

Alex here has even linked the page to me but I can't access, still saying "character not found"

Alex wrote:
Great, both working perfectly now! tyvm! :grin:
hi im having problems with my hunter named flécheux i can see it in character but not in guild i would like to be able to compare with the rest of my guild pls ^^ .Btw ive given wow heroes adress to a lot of people ;) good job :grin:
Hi,

I can't find my character: Tào on Dath'Remar. It's probably related to an accentuated character issue as well.

Thanks,
Mathieu.
Jump to :