view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
So, I was wondering how my gearscore is calculated. Most of the times when I get an upgrade, my gearscore goes up for the same amount as the itemlevels change, but when I equipped the Stormtempered Girdle (219) to replace the Ablative Chitin Girdle (213), my gearscore only went up by 1.

I figured not all itemlevels are combined to form your gearscore, cos then it would be in the 3000's. But it still suprised me my gearscore didn't increase by the difference in itemlevels between the old and new item as it usually does.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Those 2 belts are pretty tricky - Ablative Chitin Girdle is indeed only ilvl 213 but it's stats are nice.

Stormtempered Girdle has higher ilvl but if you're hit and/or defense capped, lots of it's stats are wasted. In fact, Ablative Chitin Girdle then gives more stamina and strength.

However, if you can use all stats from Stormtempered Girdle and maybe free some defense/hit gems/enchants on other items, then it beats Ablative Chitin Girdle.

So since they are both good in some cases, they are almost equally scored.
Oke, thanks for the quick reply. So the actual score they give is not based on their itemlevel, but based on the stats that they have compared to other items.
By that logic I would then expect my own gear to be scored higher - I have an idol that badly needs replacement, but other than that, the rest is fairly good. However, I quickly exceed your gear numbers when calculating item levels in my tank set, and I use every stat I have on that gear. Feral mechanics are tricky, I know - gearing is, no pun intended, a bear. so are there any pieces left out of the calculations, or are they being botched somewhere?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Artaurean we will take a look.
I would like to know how your calculating Hit chance cap for Rogues before it lists hit from gear as wasted stats. Currently between gear and Talents all Rogues should be getting 17% spell Hit(for Poisons) to ensure none of their poisons miss. Instant Poison damadge makes up my third most damadging hit and about 15-20% of my total overall damadge output. My Rogue has the full 17% and a tad over, yet another Rogue with less total item level and short 72 hit from cap ends up having a higher gear score.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hit Rating wrote:
The following values assume that you have 5/5 Precision and that you are attacking a level 83 mob (i.e., boss level).

Extra buffs or debuffs Specials Poisons White
None 99 - 315 -722
Imp FF or Misery 99 -237 - 722
Imp FF or Misery & Heroic Presence (draenei) 66 -210 -689

The following values assume that you have 2/5 Precision and that you are attacking a level 83 mob (i.e., boss level).

Extra buffs or debuffs Specials Poisons White
None 197 -393 -820
Imp FF or Misery 197- 315 -820
Imp FF or Misery & Heroic Presence (draenei) 164 -289 -787

I am sure that every serious guild have moonkin ,shadow priest and draenei in raids ,so even 210 hit rating is enough if you have 5/5 precision. If you don't have by any chance some of those classes in your raid there is always hit food and elixir for backup .

Milagros wrote:
I am sure that every serious guild have moonkin ,shadow priest and draenei in raids

I may be nitpicking, but that comment bothered me. By that reasoning, there are no serious Horde guilds, since we NEVER have Draenei in our raids.

Hopefully, all the gear scores and ratings generated by this site do not take such things as racial bonuses into consideration, rather than only the gear itself.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bearak wrote:

Milagros wrote:
I am sure that every serious guild have moonkin ,shadow priest and draenei in raids

I may be nitpicking, but that comment bothered me. By that reasoning, there are no serious Horde guilds, since we NEVER have Draenei in our raids.

Hopefully, all the gear scores and ratings generated by this site do not take such things as racial bonuses into consideration, rather than only the gear itself.

I think you may have misunderstood the point of Milagros's post, she was simply stating that it is quite simple to reach the hit cap with all the hit giving sources you have in classes/talents/buffs these days.

Don't worry, we're not spies for Varian Wrynn who are trying to spread dissent amongst the horde ranks :friends:
Jump to :