•  Topic DPS problem
  •   |  Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:59 pm 
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I don't know if I am heading in the right direction. Buffed with hit pots and food, I can't seem to get above 1500 dps (Naxx bosses etc).

I've tried different spell rotations, reordered my talent tree without much luck... Any suggestions? I know I need to replace a few blues. But, what will max out a combat rogue's dps? Double swords, double fists....maces?

If anyone wants to look me up, I'm Eladore on US Alexstrasza. Thanks!
Be sure your hit rating is at or near 308 at minimum

Go with AP gems over Agility

You want fists or swords fsater one in your OH and slowest in MH

Keep up SnD

I start w/ killin spree,adrenaline,SSx5,Evis,SSx5,Rup,SSx5 Evenom repeat but keep up the SnD

usually get 2-2500+ on bosses
Hey Man. I can see so many issues with your char and I can fully understand why your doing so low dps. But rest assured, there is hope :P First off, your a leatherworker. You should have +114 ap on your bracers instead of 6 to stats which does nothing for you. Well, not NOTHING, but 114 is way way better than 6 stats.
Second, is ur spec. Im Rogueing on Aegwynn. Thats the spec most combat rogues (if not all) are at right now and we're doing pretty well. I know how it feels to lose the ten energy but when you spec the way I am, u forget quickly how much that did nothing for you. You dont have Lightning reflexes specced for the additional 10% haste. I see you have 2 points in endurance when as swords you only need to put 1 in there to drop to the next level. From the current armory im seeing, you have swords on and are fist spec. Im thinking that is just a coincedence and you might have switched for something. You want to be aiming for 7/51/13. It was very hard for me at first to keep this spec cuz I loved some of the points that I had specced, which are very similar to the ones you have, but trust me. If you want to put out the dps, youll have to get over that. Remember as fun as some of these talents are great, your looking for raid/instance dps. I miss a 2 min evasion cd but trust me, that doesn't help dps. Since last patch armor pen has been a nice upgrade for us. Dont gem it but try and get it. Grim Toll from Naxx jumped up the ladder to being one of the best trinkets now, plus it has 83 hit on it.
Third is your gear. This is a gray area since, until you get a lil better gear, your spec will improve your output. I notice you have so many hit gems and the gloves enchanted with hit. I understand that in your current gear set you need to keep that or else you wouldnt be hitting crap. As you get better gear, remove the gems and put in either agil or 32ap. Agil if your low, AP if your happy with ur agil. Shoot for Crusher on the gloves and you want to be duel wielding berserker for max dps. REMOVE the vigor glyph and get slice n dice.
All of these things here can be proven to work from various sources. Try and do some research yourself and see what fits for you. Here are some very good sources.

http://Www.shadowpanther.net

http://www.elitistjerks.com

Other quick tips
Rotation: 5cap slice first, then rupture and if theres time left, 5cap evis, repeat. DONT let SnD fall off. Killing spree and adren rush during heroism. I usually pop killing spree when im waiting for energy.
Poisons: Wound on MH (procs more than instant for more dps) / Deadly on OH, try not to let this fall off either, dont be afraid to click shiv if you have to. Remember with the combat spec, you do more dps to poisoned targets.

Also note, if a piece of gear drops and you cant use it at this time, roll on it anyway that way later on you can equip it. I wasted that chance too many times and find myself hoping that it drops again. Good luck to you and happy raiding! :cool:
TheBigCarp makes a ton of good points but I would argue that you don't have to lose all your "nifty" talents either as I still have vigor and a few of the others and am decently geared as well but in Ulduar 10 man and Naxx 25/Maly 25 I am easily pushing 3.5k plus DPS on boss's and about 2.5-3k on trash. It really all comes down to spec rotation gear and personal play style. Here is another little tip that helped me. Find the best PvE rogue on your server and ask for some tips and maybe get him to 1: look at your gear/spec 2: go play with the target dummies and figure out the best rotation for your play style/spec. well other than that I got nothing so GL and happy hunting.

Daspien-Bloodscalp(US) Horde :jester:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Stabarus

check out my character's build. that's best combat swords build because it leaves out the extranious talents for pve raiding.

i usually head in with killing spree, sinister til i run out of energy, blade flurry, adrenaline rush, then get 5 CP, SnD, 5 cp, rupture, 5 cp, and if theres more than 10 sec on rupture do an eviscerate.

i usually average 5k dps on ulduar bosses.

stabarus, Zul'jin, US Alliance
From what i have read on dps for rogues always keep SnD up even if its 1pts then follow with a 3-5 point rupture.

If there is time in with both SnD and Rup up use evis( at least 3pts).
When i run into fights i tag tank with ToT then use KS.

Now i use swords for now but i will move on to a fist weapon on mh (w/ Wound Poison) and dagger on oh (w/ Deadly Poison), the swords are the lowest dps weapon till blizz buffs them for rogues. As for weapon enchants ap is not the best, agility will always be a rogues best friend and mongoose still procs often on raid mobs and bosses

I have a lot of hit gems on my gear, (27% is the chance to miss on your offhand weapon) but you dont have to get your hit rating that high.

The biggest thing to remember is to keep SnD up along with rup and if there's time use evis w/ no less than 3pts or its a wast of energy.

i did a little more research and the gems you need to be getting is hit rating and expertise. 315 is the cap with 5/5 Precision. focus on that with gems and enchants. The expertise cap is 99 for heroics and 219 expertise rating for raiding. (not sure why such a big jump)
sry, but ur build is a little off for pve. swords is the best for i lvl scaling by far. maces and then fists/daggers.

also, vigor is utterly useless in pve since you won't benefit from the extra 10/20 energy except for the first second.

also, since the 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 patch where poisons were changed from a fixed hit % to chance on hit, instant is better MH than wound.
I went look at your toon in the Armory. It says you are assassination. If that is the case I have a good rotation for you to try out.

stealth
1.Open with Garrote, if possible.
2.Slice and Dice
3.Hunger for Blood
4.Mutilate
5.Eviscerate or Envenom (to refresh SnD)
6.Multilate to 5 CP
7.Rupture
8.Mutlilate to 5 CP
9.Eviscerate/Envonom
10.go to 6
11.Refresh Hunger for Blood every minute.
12.Shiv where appropriate

With this rotation I hat 8k in Onyxia with two T9 pieces. It is very good but you must be careful when using it and making sure you have the correct amount of combo points before certain attacks. (:

Coty wrote:
I went look at your toon in the Armory. It says you are assassination. If that is the case I have a good rotation for you to try out.

stealth
1.Open with Garrote, if possible.
2.Slice and Dice
3.Hunger for Blood
4.Mutilate
5.Eviscerate or Envenom (to refresh SnD)
6.Multilate to 5 CP
7.Rupture
8.Mutlilate to 5 CP
9.Eviscerate/Envonom
10.go to 6
12.Shiv where appropriate

With this rotation I hat 8k in Onyxia with two T9 pieces. It is very good but you must be careful when using it and making sure you have the correct amount of combo points before certain attacks. (:

Wrong!

since 3.3 or for any Assassin rogue please dont touch Eviscerate! :banghead:

1.Open with Garrote
2.Slice and Dice
3.Hunger for Blood
4.Mutilate
5.Envenom (to refresh SnD)
6.Multilate to 4 or 5 combo pts. (Dont Mutilate @ 4! or else you waste Energy for just 1 pt instead of 2)
7.Rupture
8.Mutlilate to 4 or 5 combo pts.
9.Envonom
10.go to 6

Dont need to Shiv with new poison changes in patch 3.3 :good:
Jump to :