view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I notice that when a person equips an ilvl 232 staff (2 hander), his offhand is also automatically labelled as ilvl 232.

However, for offhands the highest ilvl is 226 only. There doesnt exist an ilvl 232 offhand. Does this mean than a MH + OH combo will always be worse score-wise than a staff?

Im not sure how the gear score is calculated, but an ilvl 232 mainhand + ilvl 226 offhand is always preferred over an ilvl 232 staff by casters. This is due to staffs having less useful stats than a MH + OH combo.

Hence the gear score for the staff should be less.
Site Admin
Site Admin
With new enchants available only for staves, they don't neceserally have to be worse than main hand + off hand combo. However you have a good point, there is no ilvl 226 off-hand available yet. We will see what we can do about this problem.
i think you meant to say "there is no ilvl 232 off-hand available yet" =)

Another point which u might or might not consider to be useful is that a MH+OH combo is harder to get than just one Staff because it requires u to get 2 items instead of 1. Maybe the person should be rewarded with a higher gear score than a staff bearer who only needed to win one item?

Just a thought. =)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Absolutely agree with "harder to get" part,we will see what we can do about it.
Hi, any update on when this fix will be implemented? If at all?

Its really sickening to see people increasing their gear score substantially by padding it with lousy ilvl264 staffs when that upgrade actually does worse than say an ilvl251 MH+OH. Gearscore is supposed to reflect a person's DPS with reasonable accuracy with their score.. and this flaw doesnt help that.

Thanks.

ljwei wrote:
Hi, any update on when this fix will be implemented? If at all?

Its really sickening to see people increasing their gear score substantially by padding it with lousy ilvl264 staffs when that upgrade actually does worse than say an ilvl251 MH+OH. Gearscore is supposed to reflect a person's DPS with reasonable accuracy with their score.. and this flaw doesnt help that.

Thanks.

Sickening? It's a raw gear score. It in no way, shape or form, is a scale for skill. It is just there to make sure you aren't terribly under geared. All classes have that ilvl 232 item from some HM (trinkets usually) that is better than a ilvl245 they have.

If you tried to weigh a 232 higher because it was statistically better, then you enter a huge realm of subjectivity and data mining, etc.

If someone has a gear score of 3000, or 3005, why the F do I care. Are you in <this range>, plus or minus 100 points, okay, good to go. If I'm asking for 2700+, and someone PM's me with 2650, I let them go, who cares. This whole WHR thing is getting a little out of hand. It would be fine if we didn't have people like this thinking it's some holy grail.

P.S. With the 83 SP enchant, a LOT of 2H staffs are better than 1H+OH. Actually sit down and do the math. You may get a few more SP out of the 1H+OH, but I bet you get more haste/crit/spirit out of the 2H.

P.S.S. You have spectral kris and stuff.. why do you even care, you have heroic gear on.. sickening ;-)
Jump to :