1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=835b5a32e2409b53f7a9270736454ff1&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Some kind of method to request/pull data from wowheroes to be used on third-party (guild) sites.

be.imba allows this through SOAP, but XML (tailored with the url string), or WebServices (.NET version of SOAP), would work also.

What data should be available?
As much as possible. Pull the data from your cache so it doesn't put too much load on the armory, since it's oh-so-picky about that.

Specifically, I'm interested in:

A flag to determine if the character is in pvp gear
Raw Score
Enchant Score
A list of Item ID's the player has equipped
A list of what gems and enchants belong to those equipped items.

I'm sure there's more, i just can't think of it right now... it's too hot in here/outside!
Site Admin
Site Admin
That feature is almost finished, it should be available within the next few days. We're just reviewing what should be available and what should not be seen. For example I'm not sure we can promise "A list of Item ID's the player has equipped" because some other armory related websites might abuse it, and pull data from us when Armory bans them, which could put unnecessary load on our servers. Of course, we could put a temp ban on those like Armory does now, but I'm not sure if that would be the right thing to do, at least for now.
If possible, we would like to get more feedback on what info people would want, and we'll try to make it happen.
Thanks for interest :)

P.S. and wtb some heat, because it's freezing here now lol!
Sounds good!

You can have some of mine, it was 121 yesterday, hows 30 degrees sound?
Nice !!! Looking forward to that !!

For what i'm looking to build i'm aiming for the guild List with Class,Race,LVL, GearScore, Instances "available". I wanna do a weekly scan of the guild and as well a history on each toon , with each weekly scan Build, GearScore. and with data on my Data base plot graphics showing out each individual effort.
I have something very similar in php setup for my guild. Unfortunately something happened and all my database tables were nuked. I also listed progression for each player.

What I did was pull the XML for each character on the guild roster off of the Armory, then cache the important stuff in a local database. Then query (i used IMBA for this) and get the gearscore for each player, again, storing in the local database.

Then I used the local data to display a table listing every player that was level 80, with their race, class, guild rank, and imba gearscore. The imba gearscore was setup so the user could mouse-over it and a graph would pop up with the last 8 weeks of history, and the progression below.

Alex wrote:
That feature is almost finished, it should be available within the next few days. We're just reviewing what should be available and what should not be seen. For example I'm not sure we can promise "A list of Item ID's the player has equipped" because some other armory related websites might abuse it, and pull data from us when Armory bans them, which could put unnecessary load on our servers. Of course, we could put a temp ban on those like Armory does now, but I'm not sure if that would be the right thing to do, at least for now.
If possible, we would like to get more feedback on what info people would want, and we'll try to make it happen.
Thanks for interest :)

P.S. and wtb some heat, because it's freezing here now lol!

Do you think something like this could be used to make a wow-heroes addon for the game?
Addons in-game cannot access the internet in any way.

So to answer your question. No, it can't.

The alternative would be to have the addon do the same calculations on a player's gear that the website currently does, since all the info is available in-game.
I'd be interested in this feature too, albeit I'm not a very good web-services programmer so might not be able to take advantage of it very well. I'm a former DBA/ analyst but ... it was over a decade ago!

What I'd like to do is some research into guild longevity, recruitment and loss of members, and progression during their lifetime.

This is for my leadership blog pwnwear.com, so its' non-commercial.

Akishari wrote:
Addons in-game cannot access the internet in any way.

So to answer your question. No, it can't.

The alternative would be to have the addon do the same calculations on a player's gear that the website currently does, since all the info is available in-game.

I'm quite certain a few addons pull from online databases, but if you're certain...
I'd looooooove this web service :)
1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=835b5a32e2409b53f7a9270736454ff1&start=10
Jump to :