•  Topic Boomkins
  •   |  Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:08 am 
view posts by this user Offline
  • 1.  Boomkins  » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:22 am
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hi, im a boomkin on Cenarius, im confused about some of the rating, i was comparing myself to a friend of mine, he is a DK. Do caster offhand count for score? and do enchants on offhands count for score? The other thing that confuses me is, we have very similar gear, in fact, point for point, he should only be 13 points ahead of me, yet he is at any givin point 40-50 points ahead, i was wonder if Gems count for score, and if so, what gems do you have scored highest for boomkins? because im sporting all 19spell power and 16crit. if any other boomkins have seen anything like this, please do tell.

Thanks for you time guys!

Shenbala
Site Admin
Site Admin
All enchants count in final score ,same is for gems and gear ....but u better compare yourself with some other moonkin since DK can enchant weapon in offhand (if they don't use 2hand weapon).
as most duel-weilds can enchanter their 2hand, but what im wondering about is does it count it score? because when i used a w one-hand 213score and a off-hand 200 score, as aposed to when i use my staff of 213 i still, my staff gives me a higher score then my 2weaps, and im wondering what gems are rated correctly.
dk's are not a very good comparable class for boomkins, they can duel wield and enchant both weapons. Boomkins we can not enchant out offhand (well not my offhand) so we will not have that + score on offhand weapons. if you equip your staff it counts as both you main hand and offhand so your score will increase due to the enchant youhave on your main hand. All in all yeah score is neat to compare but you also have to take in consideration that enchanters can enchant thier rings which will increase score and JC's have 3 epic gems they can socket which will increase their score. Not sur bout the scribes shoulders enchants but that may be a higher score as well. Main thing is if your are getting 213 to 226 score on your weapons have all the proper enchants and the blue gems your doing good, no need to really compare unless your comparing against the same class and professions. IMO

Piondel
us bronzebeard
Site Admin
Site Admin

piondel wrote:
All in all yeah score is neat to compare but you also have to take in consideration that enchanters can enchant thier rings which will increase score and JC's have 3 epic gems they can socket which will increase their score. Not sur bout the scribes shoulders enchants but that may be a higher score as well.

Enchanters can enchant their rings but that will not increase their overall score, max score for all classes/professions is 135 with best possible enchants.
JC's had a little advantage till last patch ,but all players can use epic gems now.
my alt is a JC and the dragon eye gems are still bop, looked on wowhead and there is not any new gem's yet, are you sure that epic gems are now available?
Site Admin
Site Admin
New epic gems can be obtained through fishing daily quests. At the moment, they are unique and BoE
http://www.wowhead.com/?search=stormjewel
My druid for a 72 does a 1.2-1.3k dps......if i used a roation would it be better? and if you dont mind please posting the rotation that worked for you....tyvm

Vish
There is really only one rotation.

Keep dots up, don't bother during eclipses to keep it simple.
Jump to :