view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
hi all, i have a lvl 80 dk but my dps seems rather low and wondered if anyone can advise where i going wrong?

currently hitting around 1.5k which is totally shabby i know

talent build is Blood 51 / 13 / 7 and using 2h mace titansteel destroyer with rune of fallen crusader

my crit is 17.7 %

Is DW better for dps over a 2h?

at level 80 what is a good dps rate?

what stats should i be looking for? strength? AP? Spirit? Agil?

Thanks in advance for any tips
well i have found that a blood DK does not do as much dps as the other specs but the buffs it gives is really good like the 10% to strength and are very welcome in a raid

but to answer ur question is crit and AP are very good u want around 2k+ AP and bout 23% crit.

now the seperating str and agil is hard to do since agil give crit chance and str gives AP

i would say str for the AP (for every 1 str u get u get 2 AP) then i would go with agil (62.5 agil turns into 1% crit)(i would like to add that you want to Keep in mind everyone has a base crit of 5% from agility.) my 80 DK have about 4-6 hundred more str than agil

i am not sure if this helped very much i tried with what i could if you still need some help just reply again i am on forums alot and will reply as fast as possible
Thanks, all very helpful

currently i have 2.6k ap with 781 strength and 181 agil and 231 hit rating so going on that i feel agil needs upping considerably by a good 200 or so
also a high amount of hit rating is needed but no to much www.wowwiki.com and search for hit rating it will tell u how much u need to hit a lvl 80 raid boss

so don't get rid of to much hit rating id possible.

and np if u need anything else just ask and i will try my best to help
Is DW better for dps than 2h?

some say yes some say no lol
If You get really good gear, DW can be good. But you will need a ton of hit.

The hit cap is 8%. At 8%, you will avoid any “miss” result for any melee attack. This is for all 2 handed weapons.
263 hit rating gives you 8%

For Dual Wield, the percentage to avoid melee miss is something ridiculous like 27%.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t42539-deat ... re_posting
well after many respecs, new enchants and re evaluation of gear and rotations i am hitting the dummies at 2.5k, not tested in raid enviroment yet but am hopeful :grin:

with release of patch tomorrow i dropped the idea of DW but may get a tanking spec together for the hell of it lol
I don't know why somone up there said that blood spec isn't good dps. I have two good dk bloods in my guild and they rape the dps charts. The better of the two is doing 7k+ dps. Maybe the blood spec you tried wasn't correct. Personally i'm a blood tank DW and I don't have a problem missing that much. I do 2.8K dps in naxx25 as a MT. currently my hit is only 200 as well. Another thing is to stack Strength not attack power with gems and such. The reason for this is because when you get buffs I.E. kings %10 to stats.....that's going to bump strength which in turn gives you more ap. As for agi you don't need to gem for that...just crit because your gear gives you the agil you need......raw crit is better then agil. Hope this has helped.
Jump to :