could someone please post a good tankadin build
im currently 0/66/5

thanks

ronerboy of zuluhed
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
This is the spec i use.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... etankinone

I noticed it pumps out more dps and if you know anything about pally tanking the more holy damage you can put out the more threat you generate. have fun
how much DPS do you put out on average with that build?
A good prot pally talent build has Ardent Defender and Judgments of the Just. Any build without them is a mistake. The second point on Improved Judgments is a mistake; you should be using a 969 rotation. If you don't know what that means, look it up.

Crit is virtually worthless for a tankadin. SoV, consecrate, and holy shield don't crit. Seals of the Pure is better in all situations. I recommend Kings.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxsb0b

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVAbuMteIRGoxo

are the two best builds at the moment. If you absolutely must skip blessing talents, I recommend

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=scZ0xVAduMteIRGots00b

but I personally wouldn't use it.
This is the build i have been using for tanking:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRhoEb00b

It has an extra point that you can put where you want to. This build has worked out really well for MT raids along with doing good dps. However It doesn't go along with the 6969 rotation which is "Supposably" the best tank rotation for paladins. Personally id come up with my own rotation but thats just me.
I disagree with Judgements of the Just. It not a "needed" tanking skill just a personal preference. I personally prefer the 3% crit for your whole raid from Heart of the Crusader provides better mechanics.
If your MT then Divine Guardian is not really going to be needed and could be used elsewhere.

Depending on the number of Pallies that raid with you regularly is going to determine your final build.
If you have a ret around always then Heart of the Crusader could be dropped.

Tidied my spec recently and MTing Patchwerk hit over 2K dps - just waiting for webstats to be uploaded.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uMteIRhoxf

Now you can leave off 1 point in improved judgements to keep your classic rotation and put the point anywhere you want.
Using Benediction is a waste IMO.

Things are obviously going to change come 3.1 - but happy Pro(t)ing
Judgements of the Just is best mitigation talent in the paladin's talent trees. The best!

And it also makes the target (boss) slowed. This lets e. g. arcane mages deal 12 % more damage (Torment the Weak, see also the comments there). I don't know if other classes profit of this, too.

It is absolutely wrong not to put talent points into this great talent except you always have another raid member providing the same effect (warrior's thunderclap, druid's infected wounds, death knight's frost fever).

Putting more than 1 point in Improved Judgements is a waste for a protection paladin, because good paladins tank using the 969 rotation, where you judge every 9 seconds. You do not seem to know what that is, so have a look at the maintankadin forums oder elitist jerks. It is a rotation without any downtimes waiting for a ready cooldown.

Edit: Adding my favorite tree: 0/58/13. Heart of the Crusader and Improved Blessing of Might are only raid support, but Persuit of Justice is nice for movement encounters, you have more room to play with Heigan & Co.
Raiding with 2 Warriors means I don't need Judgements of the Just

Also I said there was a spare talent point which you can put anywhere. If you want to slap it into JotT then by all means. You can always spec 2/3 in Heart of the Crusader and you get your 2 points for JotJ.
When your trying for achievements and healers are happy then the "good paladin" rotation as you so eloquently put it is shot as you will be throwing in every thing to do as much dps as possible whilst tanking.

Perhaps making assumptions about other people's "knowledge" is not a good thing. They are called opinions. Things change based on the raid makeup, how many (and what class) tanks ie 10man to 25man. Are you running achievements and need to maximize raid dps.

Quote:
Now you can leave off 1 point in improved judgements to keep your classic rotation and put the point anywhere you want.

think that answers your question about whether i know about a "good paladin" rotation.
You make the best dps out with the 969 rotation. Sorry, just wanted to be helpful. Nothing more to say. ;)
No offense, some of you may think you need it, but Kings is one of the worst things you can put points to as a prot pally. You want it on you if another pally is in the grp over any other buff a pally can give, but NEVER at the cost of your BoSanct buff. Average tanks can improve their threat, survivablity and general raid viability with that instead of passing out kings. Obviously, with 3.1 coming soon, hopefully, Kings becomes trainable which will remove the need to debate this as far as builds go. I've not read a post yet that states why Blizz decided to do this (simply because I don't troll forums very much) but IMO, they have seen how no spec really WANTS to spec it. In fact, most QQ about being forced to spec into it. Personally, and I do this for my off build, I spec it as Ret. I don't pvp much on my pally so the few times I'm asked if I'd like a break from tanking, I use a pve Ret build. That leaves me free to get Kings for the raid, while the prot pally that i normally MT alongside handles the BoSanct and the Holy pally gets BoW/BoM (imp'd both since they want to get down to the extra crit from the ret tree anyway.)
For those of you that feel the need to armory my character, go for it. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Renoober As for why I've pointed up my Benediction, it is for those times when i'm prot and not MT and not needing tons of heals. This lets me generate threat and dps yet w/o sending my mana supply down the shitter. I also use imp Hammer of Justice for interupts and pursuit of justice instead of getting 2 sets of boots, one with straight stam and the other with tuskar's vitality for the various bosses in current content. Your spec is up to you and there is not a cookie cutter build for prot pallies which is exactly how blizzard intends it. Don't assume your build is perfect no matter what. It is always dependant upon raid make-up and your specific role within it, not to mention what the raid/grp is intending to kill.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=10&t=681&sid=b0cb2a95ef6ee03fcca75c46e193cdd9&start=10
Jump to :