•  Topic Question.
  •   |  Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:04 am 
view posts by this user Offline
  • 1.  Question.  » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 am
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hello, I'm new around here so I'll get straight to the point. I have a DK, lvl 80 frost specced with some unholy, but the basic 5/5/5 via talents. I DW as a tank and I don't have any problems with it, nor does my guild or people that I've raided 25man Vault. I was looking at my rating and looking at what instances I needed to be doing according to my gear staning for instance on the website. If I'm reading it correctly, I'm assuming based on gear/stats? I should be doing 10 man Naxx. Now the problem I'm having is people is telling me I need to be "well geared" to even do a 10 man.. and obviously my gear isn't "meeting" their standards.. I tank 25man Vault just fine.. but I can't do Naxx 10 man? Here is the link to my page: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Thorium%20Brotherhood&name=sathe

I am currently working on rep to get the helm +def enchant and shoulders. Guildie has yet to enchant bracers and chest with def (he just made his new rod) Those are obvious. If I'm not good enough for Naxx 10man then how am I reading the suggestion instances wrong then? If I am.. could someone please give me some suggestions on what I should be raiding/grouping for to better gear up with? Appreciate as little or as much help anyone can give.

Thanks,

Sathe
Thorium Brotherhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
You just need to upgrade your gear a bit more. Enchant on chest would help a lot also. You are almost ready for Naxx 10 but you could use a few upgrades which will make a huge difference.
Signet of the Dark Brotherhood and Medallion of Heroism could be replaced easily with
Essence of Gossamer and for example Seal of the Pantheon
Vault is an easy run, so most people don't have any problems there. It can be done with much less than 25 people, so we didn't even put it on the list. Some bosses in Naxx 25 however are much harder, and you would find them quite deadly with your current gear (for an easy check, you can try offtanking Patchwerk on heroic)
I'm not talking about going to naxx heroic, because I've never done it normal at all. But as far as those trinkets you suggested, they are nice, and where could I pick them up at? :grin:
Oh I see now where to get them. Thanks for the help. As far my actual gear, any armor that would need replacing? Or am I good once I get enchants and trade in my trinkets?
You have 530 defense currently. Don't ever try to tank any boss in Naxx 10 until you are uncritable (540 defense).

Health is also too low for Naxx. I'd recommend 24k+ unbuffed.

Some DK tanks like to dual-wield. Most experienced DK tanks tank with 2-hand weapon. First, if you DW, you attack more frequently, which means boss is going to parry more often. When boss parries, its next attack is faster. i.e. you are taking more damage when DW. Second, Blizz added the Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62158 in 3.0.8, which is a 2-hand weapon only enchant. It adds 25 defense, which is nearly ~100 defense rating.

Check this site out for more information about DK: http://deathknight.info/forum
Jump to :