1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=8&t=387&sid=ff393531133d17407151036679869daa&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I've noticed that my enchants (+30 int to melee weapons) is rated a "0" and +26 agility is rated a 15.

I don't necessarily agree with this (dependant upon spec) because +30 int to each weapon gives 450 mana AND 30 attack power (Careful Aim - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34484) if spec'd correctly.

26 agi only gives 26 attack power and .31 critical %.

450 mana (900 on 2 weapons) will likely provide a larger boost in performance due to delaying AotV off for a few more shots, it may not be much or it may just even it out.

I can maybe see how this may not be a "15 point" enchant, but it is most certainly (dependant upon spec) much better than "Greater Agility" (+20 Agi) with the careful aim as noted above.

Thanks,

Mark

--
Renrim - Gilneas
Wow I have never looked at it that way but you have a good point with the new surv spec and gaining ap from intel putting the +30 intel to weps would actually not be a bad idea and I also believe that they should be ranked higher than they are right now.
enchanting +30 int is a terrible idea compared to +65 ap or +26 agility. If you compared +26 with surival buff its comes out to 29.9 agility or 30 ap and .35 crit. So in the grand scale of things if your running OOM you should be wondering about your gear and group make up cause I almost never run out of mana on a boss fight in 25 mans. So would you rather have 600 more mana or .7 crit its up to you
Acording to DPS_spreadsheet from EJ forum INT is best stat to go for atleast as BM and MM due to Carefull Aim talent giving 1AP per 1INT and also reducing time of Viper aspect.

For BM acording to EJ DPS_calc

1AGI = +0,486 DPS
1INT = +0,525 DPS
1AP = +0,267 DPS

26AGI = 12,636 DPS With kings (+10%) = 13.9 DPS
30INT = 15,75 DPS With kings (+10%) = 17.325 DPS
65AP = 17.355 DPS Doesnt scale

we need to remember that viper regen is partialy based on MAX amount of mana we have = that extra mana give us faster regen during viper = more time in Dragonhawk = more dps

In game files there is also +46 INT enchant which probably will be introduced in 3.1 and that will could future be best in slot enchant for hunters

IMO - it deserves atleast 12 :club:
Survival is the way to go since BM got nerfed and MM is lagging behind a bit. Going back to the debate on int vs agility. Agility will always come out on top in terms of dps due to survival's +15% and overall crit reliant talent points. Unless you don't like playing survival or fail at rotations for that sepc then you can go int.
Also, don't forget http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41976

I mentioned in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=525) that it is currently underrated (scored 8 now) but the moderator was not convinced. In fact, it is only primary one maths:

1 item point
= 1 point of hit rating
= 1 point of agility/strength/int/spirit
= 2 points of AP

So if you are only talking about item point,

1 hit rating = 2 AP
28 hit rating = 56 AP > 50 AP
28 hit rating = 28 agility > 26 agility

If you consider gain in dps,

28 hit rating >> 56 AP > 50 AP
28 hit rating > or similar to 28 agility (depending on spec) > 26 agility

Quote:
we need to remember that viper regen is partialy based on MAX amount of mana we have = that extra mana give us faster regen during viper = more time in Dragonhawk = more dps

WRONG.

"The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged and melee attacks to regenerate mana but reducing your total damage done by 50%. In addition, you gain 4% of maximum mana every 3 sec. Mana gained is based on the speed of your ranged weapon. Only one Aspect can be active at a time."

4% max mana every 3 seconds.. int adds to this but not the regen rate. this depends only on your weapon speed. More mana does mean more dps.. unless you are sacraficing dps of the entire fight. So It really depends on if you really need to use viper at all during a boss fight.. more times than not, I dont have to use viper. So in that case.. ap and a good balance of agil will give you the ap/crit you need to max your dps. I'd rather keep Journey's End from KT with a nice 110 ap bonus, but that is just me.
i agree with previous person's post.

i have a good one tho:

Duel wield: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare and put 26agi to them.
Total Agi from 2 -> 128
Total AP from 2 -> 280 (152+128from agi)
Total Crit from 2 -> 240 (128agi + combined 112crit)
Journeys End Agi -> 87
AP -> 228
Enchant AP -> 110 -----> total AP -> 425 (228ap + chant +ap from Agi)
Crit -> 144 (87agi + 57from weap)

Does that 145ap off Journeys End outweigh the 104 crit from the duel wield?? ooo buddy.. Lets not forget Journeys End gives us zero HIT, and the duel wield gives us 42 Hit. Can stacking 30 intel beat 26agi now?

Edit --> if some of the numbers are wrong please post to correct, its 2am now for me...

wasaa
I think like with life. all numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. If you are a surv/MM hunter

1 point of agi = 1.43 ap with speccing and expose weakness up.

1 point of int = 1 ap.

I do realize that mana is a key factor for a hunter to fuction, BUT keep in mind as a surv hunter, you have a high chance to crit and will be reclaiming a decent part of mana back with thrill of the hunt. Your primary concern should be stacking agi. You'll get enough int from from gear and such. enchanting should be focused on buffing agi and ap as much as possible.

On that note. I highly suggest that surv hunters find two good one hand weapons consider there is no known 2h agi enchant atm. I hoping for Malice that drops in Uldlar. :banghead:
i know not many pay attention to hunters, but u gotta realize a few things.

bm's have a small window, with big red, to do a s*** ton of damage. thats why BMs should concern themselves with stacking Haste. MM have a ton of damage dealing talents but each shot cost mana. MM's primary concern should be stacking intellect cuz of intel=ap. Surv is all about crit, so stack high crit. agi gives u crit as well. soo.. yeah.

remember that before anyone criticizes a hunter for stacking intel. at least remember that each spec calls for something. but if a BM stacks intel, yell all u want cuz thats stooopid
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=8&t=387&sid=ff393531133d17407151036679869daa&start=10
Jump to :