view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
1. The item Idol of Terror is currently the best in the game. Even though it is a low level item it should not be treated as such.
2. Greater Stats on Bracers is about equal to Expertise for tanking.
3. The rare shifting gem has not been put into the game yet.

Question

Is there a way to see how the total points are added up? What each item/enchant/gem adds up to?

Thanks.
Idol of Terror is good against single targets/bosses. But for groups/trash I use this one: Idol of Perspicacious Attacks
be.imba says this is "too low level" but as far as I know it's the best tanking idol next to Idol of Terror right now. Blizzard said already there are some tankidols missing and should be added in an upcoming patch.

But which rare shifting gem do you mean? :blink:
Nice looking site..

There are sadly many issues for feral druids.. Not suprisingly though, as druids have to be handled special. IMBA is also just as screwed.

1. All the stats shown below are in caster form, which is kinda irrelevant for a bear tank or a cat DPS'er.

2. As said earlier, the Idol of Terror is the best tanking idol still if you prioritize survival over threat generation. In my experience, threat generation is not currently what is creating problems, so I prioritize survival.

3. Enchants have totally different values for druid tanks. For instance, my +18 stamina enchant on chest is worth 5 points here. But with druid scaling that is +50% stamina in bear form (with hotw), +6% stats from SotF, and +10% stats if you have kings, which I normally have. Thus 18 stamina gives me 315 life. But if I had use the +200 or +275 life enchants I'd score 12 or 15 points even though I got much less life out of it. +10 to all stats is of course very nice, but for survival we only need stamina and agility, and since we scale so well with stamina, +18 stamina is not necessarily worse. (though probably a bit worse once you have gotten lots of stamina already)

4. Similar to the above issue, various items are wildly different for druid tanking even though they both have only melee DPS stats. Scores will vary a lot based on how much you rate threat versus survival for instance. And for survival stats, the worth of stats differs considerably from what they are worth on blizzards armor budget, which is represented by the epicness and item level of the item.

I guess it's hard to try to make up a generic rating of all stats for each given spec that most people can agree on though. But that would be very nice if one should be able to compare scores with other people.

Bl4ckSh33p wrote:
But which rare shifting gem do you mean? :blink:

Shifting Twilight Opal - not yet in.

I just tested a heavy borean armor kit on chest - even without kings (ie, at all times) it's still better than 275 life. +10 all stats is still interesting in comparison - but even still, the 'feral' spec doesn't necessarily hang from the stamina bonus there. How about cat form? No %stamina bonus there.

It's tough - I'm still inclined to treat feral druids as tanks by default if there's no autodetection (as imba does, whatever their algorithm is).

Thankfully at least there's some more respectable idols coming in with 3.10 - haven't yet seen a great tanking one, but hopefully it's on its way in!
Jump to :