view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I don't see why my ranking should be thrown off because of my profession not being enchanting.

Enchanters get an extra +30 to their gearscore,causing an unfair weighting of gearscore in their favor. Why is this?

A simple fix on this would be to either remove to bonus to their gear, or to make the other professions have +x amount,depending upon how many bonuses "enchants" they get, to make said gearscore changed.

Sincerely,
would have been R2 Holy Paladin on server
Site Admin
Site Admin
Profession bonuses are normalized so enchanter don't get 60 bonus points for being able to enchant 2 rings. We'll review the scoring once again just to be sure that everything is working properly.
I did the math with my calculator,based off of what my math was, i should be -1 point ahead of him in gear,we have nearly the same enchants.

however he has around 60 points ahead of me,based off of his ring enchants. I actually should have been updated now and have better enchants overall than him.

These two ring enchants are throwing the weighting scale off from my math.
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's very hard to evaluate players when they both have great gear and enchants/gems, and when points are measured in thousands. We're trying to improve our scoring system with each patch but it's not an easy achievement. However, enchanters should not get any bonus points even if it's displayed that they get 30 points for each enchant. We'll review the scoring system again just to be sure.
Please dont evalute profession bonus at all. I say this is totaly unfair. Some people have patterns that have been removed from the game and will not give up the profession for that reason though they are raiders or even hardcore raiders. This being said if yall dont want to do this then give people the option of seeing their gear score with out any profession bonus so that we may look at the gearscore not the profession score. I for one do not, will not and never will accept any gearscore that takes the persons profession incosideration. i do not beleive any one profession is better than the others just because a person is raiding.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Overall, professions give very similar bonuses once they're near max level. 320 intellect from 2 gems, or 320 int enchants on rings, or +320 int from 2 serpent eyes .... it's pretty much all the same with a few minor differences. So if some character has those bonuses they get small profession bonus score.
However, we can't ignore professions. For example, if 2 players have exactly the same gear, and one of them has profession bonus while the other has no professions at all, would it be fair to score them equally?
Jump to :