view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Which is better for healing, stacking haste or spirit?
i could be completely wrong. because im not as big of a dork as i like to pretend to be...BUT i do spirit for healing and haste for moonkin. ... i find alot of useful info at resto4life.com
It depends on the amount of Spirit you have on your gear. I have had a great deal of luck enchanting for spell power and spirit, and splitting gems between spell power and haste. As you progress to the higher level instances, you will find that you get a lot of milage out of having your haste at or near 400 and the healing gear will have haste as a major component of the stats. Spirit is important to keep you up and running in a fight, but haste helps you generate heals at a faster pace. Don't discount your glyphs in all of this. The new rejuvination glyph increases your ticks relative to your haste score. If you are a new 80, its all about spirit and spellpower. Once you start to get more epic gear, keep a close eye on your haste.

In short, spirit helps you generate mana faster and haste helps you throw heals faster. It is a balancing act.
I personally use Spirit because the faster mana regen comes in quite handy. Plus, if you have Improved ToL, Spirit gives you SP as well. So it's pretty safe to stick with Spirit for a Resto Druid.
This wholly depends on where you are with your mana regen. As of now, haste is the new druid god IF and only IF your other stats are met (spellpower/mana regen).

Your goal is to hit the haste soft cap without sacrificing your spell power or mana regen. Since Innervate is only a 3 min cool down, judicious use of this can help you balance your mana production out if your running short. Also your healing style will dictate how well you use your mana pool.

My personal goal was a <1 sec global cool down. I have met that and still rarely if ever run out of mana even on the longer boss fights. I do gem spirit in the form of Purified Dreadstones but that is all. We gain plenty of spirit from our gear, trinkets and weapons as it is. My yellow sockets are always Reckless Ametrine and red is Runed Cardinal Ruby.

As my gear and gemming sit now, I am at 1330 spirit and 769 haste (unbuffed).

So, the short answer, don't gem specifically for spirit unless your wearing the completely wrong gear!
i go w/ spirit always, in the resto talents not only is it mp5 but it is sp, as for haste it is good but still not big enough to focus on it. once u hit the 1 sec cd on nourish (which u will get all the haste u need the the gear) or are close to it should be all u need, i dont heal w/ nourish at all anymore but it will give u a good spot to be at w/ the haste on regrowth and rejuv.
also if i stack ur yellow sockets w/ the split sp and intel, the in gives u more sp, mp5, crit, and mana pool

and as Kerwyn said dont focus on stright spirit use the split gem, also take a look at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... na&group=2 the talents will give u the rest of any haste u need. now i dont main tank heal at all so u might be a little different but i can easyly heal anything that comes at me its a lot of wild growth and rejuv.
Both.

If you are having problems with your mana, focus more on spirit. If you are doing fairly well on mana then focus more on haste. Though you want to gem both, one more then the other depending on what your condition with mana is. You don't want to just gem for one stat, what ever stats given on higher gear, matters yes, but just because you have a peice heavy in lets say spirit, doesn't mean you should ignore gemming spirit. Both stats are equally important, don't ignore one.

Xnona wrote:
i go w/ spirit always, in the resto talents not only is it mp5 but it is sp, as for haste it is good but still not big enough to focus on it. once u hit the 1 sec cd on nourish (which u will get all the haste u need the the gear) or are close to it should be all u need, i dont heal w/ nourish at all anymore but it will give u a good spot to be at w/ the haste on regrowth and rejuv.
also if i stack ur yellow sockets w/ the split sp and intel, the in gives u more sp, mp5, crit, and mana pool

sadly, this is not optimising your class and with 3.3 changes to GotEM, you should be moving away from spirit and onto haste.

Basically, and the general consensus is to stack SP, supplementing haste if you need it. YES, this does depend on what you are doing and with whom you are doing it, but tbh, if you are struggling for mana in heroics, your gear is just very low. Plus you have plenty of time to sit and drink, so stack SP SP SP...

Haste - any druid ignoring the new changes and claiming haste cap is not important is simply not maximising their class and should reroll something else. I personally don't use 100% hots and tend to sway towards nourish, but i still insist on having the haste cap as the change in GCD by even a fraction since 3.3 has messed up my rotation. So, hit 765 haste if you are taking 3 points in balance tree (CF), or 856 if you are not.

So, the bottom line is for gemming, stack SP. If the socket bonus is SP, then maybe stick a SP/Haste gem in or maybe even a SP/Spr or Int. But you should be chasing the haste caps, then worrying about anything else. If you are still having problems with mana, then check your gear. You may need to get some trinkets that help and swap them over when needed.
if you are haveing to stack haste for your nourish to heal u will fun out of mana fast and not heal much, granted it can heal for 14k and on up depending on your sp, and crit. but haveing to spam it to heal you will go oom. as haste goes so far its only the one heal that is affected, rejuv. and as good as it is till blizz buff haste to all hot like that i dont see it as a must cap as fast as u can.
if u need a fast heal use rejuv + SM or NG and RG + SM if u need a real big one, but so far we all agree on one thing get sp

lol now that i look back at this whole thread spirit vs haste stack it both, use ur split gems.
Reckless Ametrine for ur haste, Purified Dreadstone for spirit and always use Runed Cardinal Ruby for ur red sockets, as haste and spirit are not the same color stack it all

Xnona wrote:
if you are haveing to stack haste for your nourish to heal u will fun out of mana fast and not heal much, granted it can heal for 14k and on up depending on your sp, and crit. but haveing to spam it to heal you will go oom. as haste goes so far its only the one heal that is affected, rejuv. and as good as it is till blizz buff haste to all hot like that i dont see it as a must cap as fast as u can.
if u need a fast heal use rejuv + SM or NG and RG + SM if u need a real big one, but so far we all agree on one thing get sp

lol now that i look back at this whole thread spirit vs haste stack it both, use ur split gems.
Reckless Ametrine for ur haste, Purified Dreadstone for spirit and always use Runed Cardinal Ruby for ur red sockets, as haste and spirit are not the same color stack it all

The cap that was mentioned really has nothing to do with nourish, nourish is just used as a reference because it has the same haste cap as a global cooldown.

With the exception of rogues (feral cat too maybe?) all classes start off with a 1.5 second global cooldown.
With haste you can get to a 1 second global cooldown. in other words if I am at haste cap and you are at 0 haste, I can cast 3 spells for every 2 of yours.

Every piece of gear we get (with the exception of trinkets) is going to have stamina, spellpower and intellect.

This means you can effectively ignore these stats for the most part (gear around the same ilevel is going to have about the same amount of these stats), and focus on the other 2 stats which will be some combination of crit, hit, spirit and haste. (at least on good gear you will get 5 stats total)

Crit is nice and all, but kind of worthless, try and get pieces of gear that have spirit and haste.
Hit obviously helps not at all, but if you get a piece of hit/haste gear it may be worth equipping if it gets you closer to the haste cap. (better a piece of haste/hit gear, than spirit/crit gear, unless you have mana problems in RAIDS)
Jump to :