view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
i have a 72 druid mostly epic gear from BC, but i am balance. I like bein balanced but i want to heal......currently i dont have the gold to duel spec, but if i went healer at my level is it still possible to level? is it going to be difficult?

TY for your time

Vish
Well i leveled as Resto, it's still fine for leveling, just takes a little bit longer, depends if you want to get to 80 fast or slow :)
I leveled as resto as well.. It is completely viable option and should be even better once this weeks patch day issues are corrected with the LFG system. I personally did almost all my lvling in instances as good heals are always needed.
i to lvl'd as a resto druid. how ever its not a matter of wanting to lvl fast or slow. i had a race to 80 and i did nothing but quest. the mobs are prety weak so they die fast and u can also heal instnace's but its only better if you have alot of rested xp
My whole time levelling I levelled as a Balance druid, and in my opinion, it's better for questing. When I reached Outland, however, I blazed through it in no time, and did very little questing. I was off-healing in instances virtually non-stop. I never made it past Zangamarsh.

So is a resto spec viable for levelling? At Level 72, very much so. In Azeroth, you can go weeks without ever running an instance, but once in Outland, they become pretty much /de riguer/, and running instances is certainly the fastest way to level. The same rule applies in Northrend to a fairly high degree, and once you hit the end-game, you'll be raiding. You've seen enough raids begging for healers to know what that implies.

Eventually, however, you'll want to save your pennies and dual-spec. In many classes, it's perfectly viable to get away with one spec. For some classes, though, like Druids, Paladins, Shamans, and Priests, especially, dual-spec is pretty much a necessity. If you have the option to heal, you should keep it on hand. Somebody mentioned the new dungeon grouping tool. A healer seldom ever has to wait in that queue more than a minute or two. At the same time, you'll eventually wind up doing dialies for reputation (and cash), so being a boomkin when you want to be is very handy, too.

The question you should be asking yourself, I suppose, is this: "Should I dual-spec now or later?"
Jump to :