view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I like to see how I rank compared to other Balanced Druids on my server. So, I sort by server, Druid, Balanced etc. I notice I have to click on each and every player in the top 20 just to refresh their scores/info. This is a total pain in the butt. There may by players below that who have geared significantly and they aren't updated so I don't know how I actually rank unless I refresh every one, then sort again every time.

I am assuming I am missing something here, that there is a better way. If not, this just doesn't do me much good (as far as ranking goes) Is there a way to sort a list and then refresh everyone on the list? Alternatively, after viewing each individual, can you go back to your filtered list? I end up having to reset the list every time.

Thanks to any knowledge person's advice, in advance.
Site Admin
Site Admin
There are 2 issues related to this:
1. We can't refresh players automatically more often than we are doing now, because Blizzard only allows a certain amount of requests to Armory.
2. second issue is more of a display problem: for example player X is a paladin and he has great protection and holy gear. Lets say he has wow-heroes score of 5600 in protection spec and 5500 in holy. Lets also say that with score of 5600 he is ranked as 5th protection paladin on his server, but at the same time he's ranked as 15th holy paladin. The problem arises if we can't catch him in holy gear and spec for a while (he keeps logging off in prot gear/spec).
If you search for holy paladins on that realm, you would see him as 15th, but "last update" would be from 1 month ago, and the tiny lightning button would be red.
I guess we could display the last date when we searched for him on armory, regardless of the spec.

Oh and just a note: you can go to Realm > filter the spec you wish > click Search, and then open each "outdated" character in new tab, by clicking on his name with middle mouse button. After that, just click Search again on first page and your list will be updated.

I hope I wasn't too confusing with all this. Thanks for taking interest in wow-heroes :)
wonderful information. explained well and the last piece of advice is perfect. Meets my needs, to be certain.

Thank you
Jump to :