view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Like many others, I was taken back when I heard Swifty had been banned. I understand that causing a server crash is a serious issue but if not done intentionally does it truly deserve a perma-ban? I do not believe so. On Swifty's live feed the night of the competition you even hear audio of him saying "We don't want to lag out or crash the server guys". If anything, since it was un-intentional, I believe a temporary ban would have gotten the message of "Don't do this again" across just fine. In Swifty's video when he gets the message from the GM he reads it aloud and his voice trails off once he reads his account is about to be banned. You can see in his face he doesn't know how to react which causes one to believe that he was being completely sincere with his intention, an intention which was to enjoy the game of World of Warcraft with other players. A completely harmless intention meant to bring Warcraft players together has turned into a very sad day in Warcraft. If anyone else out there believe Swifty should be allowed to play World of Warcraft again with a severe slap on the wrist rather than a perma-ban, please comment below with your main character's name and realm.

Haruuk Eldre'Thalas

Swifty's video can be viewed here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-DFfBUA6vM
Jump to :