view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I've noticed through reading a few posts on the forums that the gear score provided by WoW Heroes is not directly attributed to the iLevel of your gear. Which makes perfect sense. However, if that is the case, why does it seem to be exactly that way when it comes to trinkets?

I have two iLvl 200 trinkets that add stamina. Obviously I am a tank. I switched one to the PvP trinket which is a lot higher in iLvl but not really as great an item.

Just wondering how all that pans out.

Thanks,
Everist
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
There are much better stamina trinkets then the one you use, so unfortunately we will not rate them higher when you have better choice for that item slot.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Milagros wrote:
There are much better stamina trinkets then the one you use, so unfortunately we will not rate them higher when you have better choice for that item slot.

This seems counter-intuitive to me. A downgrade is a downgrade, period. Switching from a stam trinket to the insignia should result in a lower score, independent of whether better stam trinkets exist.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Quote:
Switching from a stam trinket to the insignia should result in a lower score

Insignia is already rated much lower then any other trinket.
As you can see in Everist post he didnt even mentioned insignia (there is Wintergrasp rewards trinkets for example).
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Milagros wrote:
Insignia is already rated much lower then any other trinket.


Sorry, I meant to use the Medallion of the Horde http://www.wowhead.com/item=51378 as my example. This is certainly worth more points than a stam trinket such as essence of gossamer (probably one of the ilvl 200 stam trinkets he was talking about) while being pretty solidly worse.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Madiator wrote:

Milagros wrote:
Insignia is already rated much lower then any other trinket.


Sorry, I meant to use the Medallion of the Horde http://www.wowhead.com/item=51378 as my example. This is certainly worth more points than a stam trinket such as essence of gossamer (probably one of the ilvl 200 stam trinkets he was talking about) while being pretty solidly worse.



I dunno... One could argue that the increased crit-resist from Resil, plus the impairment removal would be better than the handful of stam, and minor damage reduction per attack from something like the EoG. Or could argue that in some cases, said trinket would be better, while in others the EoG would. Same as how the Herkml War Token is a good DPS trink in -some- cases, but say, DMC:G would be better in others. Or how for DK's, the 264 trinket is better in -some- fights, but the the 245 trumps it in others.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
If you're defense capped, the resil is wasted. I am extremely skeptical that the removal of impairing effects makes it better than EoG. In general, I think that PvE encounters are not balanced around tanks needing to remove effects with a trinket like that.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Medallion of the Horde is properly scored now, we missed that item somehow before. Thanks for pointing this out.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Holy crap you guys actually respond quickly. Nothing like the Blizzard boards. Great work guys.
Jump to :